Recent content by Vacceo

1. Vacceo

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

The floorstanders may actually be interesting to use with Dirac ART. Same thought goes for seven R6c speakers and subwoofers.
  2. Vacceo

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

I was wondering the same: if you have a couple subwoofers, is it worth going from an R7 (or 5) to an R11? It seems that both floorstanders are right there at the two lowest octaves, and having subwoofers should cover that. We´re talking about a middle to small room, for a larger one it may not...
  3. Vacceo

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

I´m very fine being an audiophobe. As I´m writting this post, I have some Axis of Perdition playing; that is indeed a lot of noise. :D
  4. Vacceo

We need another spicy review thread now that the Tekton furore has died down….

I could only like his work as a reviewer and not care about his personhood.
  5. Vacceo

We need another spicy review thread now that the Tekton furore has died down….

I like Amir as a human being and I don't think that extra stress and anxiety are good for his health. I also like Adam and BDWoody, and in the last case, he has to take good care of his health. Drama ultimately means flaming and bad blood on the forum, and they are the "fire brigade", no need...
  6. Vacceo

Unpopular Opinions in Music

I have been at one only once. Something told me that I should have changed a couple Diana Krall sources for Necrophagist or Cryptopsy to check out the reactions. On the tech part, they're a good source due to dynamic range and variety of sounds, so that should work well for testing the...
  7. Vacceo

Unpopular Opinions in Music

Burzum is a the most bland, overrated, and boring Black Metal band in all the history of the genre. The only relevance it ever had was due to Vikernes being a murderer.
  8. Vacceo

Marantz Cinema 30

If Marantz turns the C30 into a processor we'd get, compared to the AV10: -SINAD above 100 db as in shown by Phil Jones in the video I linked above. -3 to 5 less channels. -4 unbalanced sub outs. -No balanced ins. -No FM. -A great phono albeit limited Honestly, I don't think those are bad...
  9. Vacceo

Why "High end" exist?

I´m not so pretentious to think that I have the solution to the massive issues of the world, I simply try to understand how we work. If you take my words, I haven´t placed any moral judgement on behaviour in this particular case.
  10. Vacceo

Why "High end" exist?

Why do people spend money in a luxury amp when there are equally functional and much cheaper options? Worse still, why would they spend money on something that performs worse? From the fields of conventional economics, we can only state how much it happens and for what kind of people. The rest...
  11. Vacceo

Why "High end" exist?

We do, indeed: consumption is, among other things (utility, biological survival...), a way to mark status differences among groups of people and even individual subjects in the same group. In that realm, consumption bypasses all the utilitarian logic and it´s value is pureley social insofar it...
  12. Vacceo

Genelec Home Theater on Digital

Kalman Rubinson recently got his review of a Storm Audio fully digital processor published in Stereophile. You can find the link in the AVR section of the forum. With a combination of Genelecs and that Storm Audio processor, you can definetly keep the signal digital until the very last...
  13. Vacceo

Why "High end" exist?

Like all philosophers since Thales, yes.
  14. Vacceo

Why "High end" exist?

It is highly rational. It's one of the many aspects of what Baudrillard called diferential consumption.
  15. Vacceo

Marantz Cinema 40 AVR Review

Have you tried playing content with several channels active in a continuos way? Again, this is not "normal use", and it's are that seven (or more) speakers are active at the same time. From your previous words I can imagine you have had no issues so far, but I'd rather ask.
Top Bottom