Recent content by x-dfo

1. X

QC45 / QC35 II sub-$500 upgrade worth it?

Qc35ii is a fantastic headphone, is it really audiophile? hmm it's pretty darn close and it actually has an enjoyable vibe.
  2. X

Grado SR60x Review (on ear headphone)

I remember loving my old pair, one of my first fancy pair of cans but gee whiz I also remember how my ears would suddenly be in incredible pain after listening for a while. Something about having foam in constant contact with my ears with these would make my nerves go into sudden revolt after...
  3. X

Geshelli Labs Erish2 (E2) Almost Here!

Sounds dope - is there a release date?
  4. X

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Yeah ultimately try before you buy is crucial. I think it's genre dependent, some genres are much more reliant on vocal repro which is incredibly personal to how one hears it and thus there's fussiness about speaker types. Currently I'm aiming for PSI and neumann 310s for production and light...
  5. X

I trust people who can pick out to within 5 hz where there are issues in the spectrum in a mix than 'audiophiles' who listen in untreated rooms and complain or praise based on the pure luck of where they happen to be sitting ;) At least a mastering engineer has treated their space...
  6. X

No of course not, but it's interesting to hear how speakers that are pretty flat are received.
  7. X

I was talking today to some super experienced mastering engineers for electronic music and metal and the consensus seems to be Genelecs are not favoured. They are described as harsh and metallic. Neumanns and focals are much preferred, adams and eves are also very highly spoken of. Barefoot...
  8. X

Due to lack of room, could I used a sealed box subwoofer made for cars?

Yes I agree. I think I've only found one measurement graph out of a dozen manufacturers. It sounds like a transmission line box may be the better alternative for a small speaker setup. This is something I'm researching now.
  9. X

Hadn't seen that, does it seriously go down to 11hz? Is it well rated? And hoooly crap it's expensive.
  10. X

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/car-audio-subwoofer-systems-microsub-1
  11. X

Best value DAC/Amp combo? For mixing/producing music on PC please and thanks.

Haha thanks for the detailed setup - good to know people are doing good things with can setups :)
  12. X

Yeah that was my assumption, there are wedge shaped boxes that can handle 'full depth' cones (not sure what the term is here) as well for me to check out. Thanks for replying.
  13. X

Weird question I know, but I'd love to get a sub into my studio and was curious if using an amped car subwoofer box was an option? Cheers,
Top Bottom