Recent content by zephyros

1. Z

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

So they have version 2 already. My batch from 1812 still works flawlessly. I use it everyday and plugged it in all the time. It's sad to hear that even 1903 still have the faulty standby issues. Does the version 2 have the clicking noise?
  2. Z

Review and Measurements of Musiland MU2 Plus DAC & Amp

Unrelated but I just got the Hidizs. They do offer multiple firmware for different functionality (either having mic functions or 24/192 playback capabilities), so I hope @amirm can test if they measure any differently...
  3. Z

This may sounds weird, but if the PS is the problem maybe one can try another socket around the house or another place to see if it turns on?
  4. Z

For those who have problem with the device, can you post the product number (only the first 4 digit is fine, mine is 1812 which means December 2018 batch)? It's on the side of the device with a barcode and DX3 PRO - BLACK or SILVER label. Maybe we can see which batch is problematic. I got mine...
  5. Z

Does anyone use the DX3Pro on linux? Whenever I stop/start playing something on Linux, there's a faint buzz sounds, and the USB sign flash (which means no signal I think?). How to deal with that?
  6. Z

I've been using the device without any driver and no problem so far. Granted it's only a few days, but may be it's worth a shot. (though without the driver the WASAPI event mode have crackling sound for 24/96 music)
  7. Z

Pretty sure that's your brain doing the work. Measurements mostly shows burn-in should not be detectible in any way. It's shown that humans like sound that are familiar. That, or maybe you just listen to it at different time. In the noisy city I mostly listen to music at night time since that's...
  8. Z

Just got the DX3Pro. Works well as expected (though I admit not a fan of the click, but if it doesn't affect reliability then I suppose it's fine). The best thing is the digital amplifier. Having precise control of the volumes feel so much better than using analog pots since my headphone is very...
  9. Z

Battle of Battery Operated Portable Headphone Amps

Well the thing is most portable headphones are already designed to work with low power amplification saves for some special cases, which render these portable amplifier useless. If they don't provide enough power for power hungry cans I don't see much uses in them. For the one in the middle...
  10. Z

Best DAC for £500 or under?

Topping D70 is comming out in a few months I think. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-d70-dac.5211/
  11. Z

Battle of Battery Operated Portable Headphone Amps

https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/topping-nx5-portable-headphone-amplifier-with-ad8610-and-buf634-chip.html At the price of O2 I would say a comparison with this one is more appropiate. If the NX3 is decent then this one might actually be good.
  12. Z

Review and Measurements of Geshelli ENOG2 Pro DAC

To be frank I don't think this device is competitive in the market right now. It's a bit worse than the SU-8 save for the IMD if you want to use balance. It's a bit better than the DX3pro if you don't use balance, but it doesn't have an amp and bluetooth or an IR remote. And most importantly...
  13. Z

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

I played that file using foobar wasapi push. So when I played for about 13s then tried playing it from the beginning using the progress bar it's confirmed that there's no sound (this is the supposed bugs correct?). When I changed to other music file there's a slight sizzle sound then the music...
  14. Z

Is USB fine then? I can only test on USB.
  15. Z

I don't use Topping driver, so how can I reproduce the bugs? It's unfortunate that the bug exist but such specific circumstances shouldn't affect normal usage as I have no problem with the device so far (been using it since it came out). Couple with the fact that there's an easy fix (resetting...
Top Bottom