• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Not the most beautiful, but audio sculpture done with style:

OMA_MuseumSpeaker-8892_HR.webp

The manufacturer generally has an interesting retro approach to design, e.g. https://oswaldsmillaudio.com/metamorphosis or https://oswaldsmillaudio.com/black_knight

JohnnyAudio

FastEddy

$269,000 per pair, these speakers are more than double the price of a 2024 Porsche 911- From $114,400.
So you are an audiophile connoisseur.
I got a demo set on a deal so paid less than sticker. Try that with a Porsche 911. And the speakers have no very expensive options, unlike a Porsche 911. Real world, the Porsche costs more and more to own (tires, gas, maintenance, insurance etc.). And track time if you want to experience what the 911 is designed to do. The speakers have no such requirement, just a reasonable room.

You can be an audio connoisseur with almost any speakers. But the YGs do sound a lot better, like a 911 they live up to the hype.

Dinesh Menon

I got a demo set on a deal so paid less than sticker. Try that with a Porsche 911. And the speakers have no very expensive options, unlike a Porsche 911. Real world, the Porsche costs more and more to own (tires, gas, maintenance, insurance etc.). And track time if you want to experience what the 911 is designed to do. The speakers have no such requirement, just a reasonable room.

You can be an audio connoisseur with almost any speakers. But the YGs do sound a lot better, like a 911 they live up to the hype.
You are right. It's all about budget and refinement.
But mighty YGs will need a powerful, expensive amplifier to drive them efficiently.
Yes no regular maintenance/services required, so that's a huge saving.
A Porsche in your living room and another one in your porch, a celebrity's life style.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor

But how do they measure ?;)

FastEddy

You are right. It's all about budget and refinement.
But mighty YGs will need a powerful, expensive amplifier to drive them efficiently.
Yes no regular maintenance/services required, so that's a huge saving.
A Porsche in your living room and another one in your porch, a celebrity's life style.
I have such an amp but have tried several others including some that are very inexpensive (Anthem MCA20). They will sound better than other speakers with almost any amp of 75 watts/channel or more but of course sound better with the best amps, as do pretty much any speakers. YG used to sell Sonja 2.1 which is just the top part and customers could run them as probably the best 2 way "bookshelf" speakers and then, if they chose to, add modules all the way up to the XV. I don't know if they still do that. I have thought about disconnecting all but the top two way just to see how much of the sound is still there, probably most of it.

Dinesh Menon

I have such an amp but have tried several others including some that are very inexpensive (Anthem MCA20). They will sound better than other speakers with almost any amp of 75 watts/channel or more but of course sound better with the best amps, as do pretty much any speakers. YG used to sell Sonja 2.1 which is just the top part and customers could run them as probably the best 2 way "bookshelf" speakers and then, if they chose to, add modules all the way up to the XV. I don't know if they still do that. I have thought about disconnecting all but the top two way just to see how much of the sound is still there, probably most of it.
This unique modular design is a future proof concept. So you've a great collection of amplifiers as well. Inexpensive for you is premium for me.
Happy weekend.

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Hopefully the speakers can reproduce the 911 sound

Thomas Lutro

Forum Donor
I've scrolled through the whole thread looking at the pictures. The thoughts I'm left with is "trying too hard" and "make it look more advanced than it is".

I do like the Kef Blades, a good few of the old JBL speakers, and those tall and slim Norwegian DIY (with a little help from my friends) ones.

How about letting speakers be speakers, unashamedly and unpretentiously?

Last edited:

JohnnyAudio

I've scrolled through the whole thread looking at the pictures. The thoughts I'm left with is "trying too hard" and "make it look more advanced than it is".

I do like the Kef Blades, a good few of the old JBL speakers, and those tall and slim Norwegian DIY (with a little help from my friends) ones.

How about letting speakers be speakers, unashamedly and unpretentiously?
This is good...
"let speakers be speakers"

im_gumby

And Fyne Audio:
vintage-fifteen-floorstander-walnut-3q-grille-off-scaled.jpg

I've said it before; If I owned speakers like that, I'd be pissed if Hercule Poirot didn't show up and started solving murder mysteries :D
I think Fyne is doing this to steal market share from Tannoy.
But then again if I lived in a house that was built over 80yrs ago... I may consider it.

(And get a wired hair fox terrier and name it Asta.)

Top Bottom