Search results

1. amirm

Review and Measurements of SMSL SU-8 DAC

The complications come from connection to the computer and long chain of ground from the computer to DAC and amplifier. To the extent your setup is quiet when you pause the music, then you are good to go and you don't need balance.
  2. amirm

If you have a headphone amplifier with balanced inputs, then it may help with ground loops and such. Otherwise it is not needed.
  3. amirm

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Wow, that is more expensive than I thought at $700.
  4. amirm

Review and Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil V2 DAC

That's a fascinating point. As engineers we get paid to design products with stable performance, not one that keeps changing its mind over time. Fascinating to watch Bob Smith give totally incorrect explanations of why this can be so. "Oh, look at this resistor value changing over time." Now...
  5. amirm

Not to me. I am an Android guy. :) I do have an adapter for a Google phone I need to test though. It is the same idea as above I think.
  6. amirm

Sure, it would be fascinating to test it Please send me a message if you get it and we can coordinate.
  7. amirm

No because internal voltage is regulated DC at much lower voltage and is independent of the AC input voltage.
  8. amirm

Topping has headphone output which this one doesn't. It also has front-panel rotary control. So different functionality. If you don't need either, I am Ok with someone buying the SU-8. :)
  9. amirm

Review and Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil V2 DAC

He was asked about this and this is his answer: Can you believe that? Two completely different outputs (balanced vs unbalanced) are tested and he just brushes it aside after claiming the only variable was warm-up time. Oh yeh? How about the comment about lower noise floor??? And how has...
  10. amirm

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

A loaned unit is being kindly sent from Benchmark, coming next week. We may take a brief trip the same time so it may be end of next week for new results.
  11. amirm

SMSL SU-8 review is out: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-smsl-su-8-dac.3778/
  12. amirm

This is a review and detailed measurement/comparison of SMSL SU-8 DAC and Topping D50. It is on a kind loan from a member who had it drop shipped to me from Massdrop. Since there has been so much interest in this product, I decided to test it immediately. Overall, the first impression is...
  13. amirm

I have an Allo to test but am waiting for another bit from them. I tried but failed to test a Pi a while back.
  14. amirm

It is here! I will see if I can get it on the bench soon.
  15. amirm

AXPONA 2017: JansZen Electrostatic Headphones

I am with you on this. Even though I bought the gear and read all the papers and looked at other people's work, it is the most worthless set of professional measurements we make in audio! Such incredible variability, no way to compare two sets of measurements performed by others, what it all...
  16. amirm

windows and audio drivers

This is the key point. Vast numbers of what is listed is only useful if your computer is falling behind in playing audio -- something you know instantly because there will be a glitch. If your music is playing continuously, then there is no need for any tweak. What helps immensely is that...
  17. amirm

Nothing personal? What was this: You don't tell your doctor he doesn't know anything about medicine. He can say that about you but not the other way around. Core part of my professional expertise is operating system development. Everything you listed in that post are things that I have...
  18. amirm

Take caution in our tone. Your time will be limited this way. I can walk through everything they have done and explain what it is and why it doesn't matter. I already explained a bunch in my post you quoted. You said learning is good. Did you learn something or ignore it all? And why...
Top Bottom