Search results for query: topping

1. keith_h

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

This is the correct answer. Despite all the dire assertions from tea leaf readings of measurements, the M10 is a suitable hub for a sweet small room system. With my setup its discreet (hidden actually) and operated with a mobile device. I never see or touch the front display, device is behind a...
  2. Wolf

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

That video uses a panoramic lens to get the whole shot in one frame. That is why the bottom and top of the 888 skew towards the extreme corners of the room. They really are not skewed like that, nor are they very deep at all.
  3. signalpath

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

You're thinking single-path architecture. The quiescent noise floor of today's best single-path DACs is around -116dBu BB/UW (assuming FS of around +18dBu). That's a dynamic range of around 134dB BB/UW, and that's pounding against the limit of low resistance design (DAC / IV / Buffer). To...
  4. A

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

It's a dongle DAC, so less a competitor to the Topping D50 and more one to the Qudelix 5k. Unlike the 5k it has a display, but the 5k includes a battery, Bluetooth and a differential output which provides double the voltage of the Neutron DAC. The Qudelix app is legendary for its range of...
  5. D

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

Running my new mono cards on a ten foot #10 stranded cord from the 50 volt 10 amp power supply. Two feet from the cards the cord splits into two #16 cords which plug into the two mono amp cards. I'm running a WiiM Pro Plus into the amp and Emotiva B1+ speakers. The sound is wide and deep - far...
  6. AnalogSteph

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Yes, for a sine signal. The detection threshold for narrowband signals like that is always going to be lower due to what is effectively FFT gain (though the bin spacing for human hearing is a bit wonky). Doesn't mean you need a wideband noise level quite that low - after all you can still spot...
  7. Keith_W

Constant Beamwidth Transducer (CBT) Speakers

"Yes" it's one of my stupid ideas? :D I am assuming you meant it has some merit. I can see from the picture @Bjorn posted earlier that it looks pretty wide, not to mention a curve like that would be pretty difficult to make and way beyond my DIY ability. For this reason I am thinking of a linear...
  8. fritobugger

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Great album. Love Mehldau's albums with Chris Thile also
  9. thatnorthernsound

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I can absolutely blame them when they advertise this as an iOS compatible device when it's not unless you use a clunky workaround. If this isn't compatible with a USB-C to Lightning they need to be clear about that so people don't waste their time like I did.
  10. totti1965

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

It would be so nice and extremely interesting to see the „penalty“ you have to pay for using filter mode 5, or Filter 7 or 8 in this wideband THD + N measurement with 90 kHz Bandwith! Perhaps I am lying to myself, but in my ears the filters with less pre ringing sound subjectively better.
  11. gvl

The Onkyo works through the older and obsolete Apple proprietary protocol only on the usb-a port. USB-C is the way forward, you can’t blame Topping for not adding older technologies in their modern products.
  12. thatnorthernsound

...Onkyo DAC-HA200 that has no problem connecting to my iPhone 14 Pro, it just doesn't have quite enough juice for Dan Clark Aeon 2s. It's on Topping for advertising this as iPhone compatible when it obviously isn't. I love my D90LE and will continue to consider Topping products in the future...
  13. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

...found out about this today, as in app advertisement through the Neutron Player app. Seems like a direct competitor to the recently reviewed Topping DAC - well at least in terms of EQ being contained within the device & it's per channel. I posted just now over in the Topping thread but I'll...
  14. DMill

Maybe he was the engineer on the Modi? :) But I highly doubt it. The folks at Schitt have always been really great to work with and the Modi is a fine little DAC by my impressions. I’m sure a properly functioning Topping is also wonderful.
  15. juliangst

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

Because they can sell 200€ metal joints to rich audiophiles this way
  16. Sal1950

The Case Against OLED

LOL, every time I mention OLED burn-in I get the, "oh no, it doesn't happen to me. Simply Google "oled burn in" and click Images at the top. You'll get plenty of examples. It may not happen to you depending on your usage. But it can happen. Considering the very high image quality, the super...
  17. antcollinet

Just in case you are still reading. It’s easy - when the measurements say they do. And that can happen at any price point. We have examples of transparent (or close to) measuring DACs at around $10 (apple dongle) and other examples of very high priced items that measure appallingly. For me it...
  18. Oddball

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

Why would you need a stacking kit if these subs are not supposed to be moving anyway? Probably might actually be needed which is not that great if you want to stack them on top of some other sub with similar design that is actually not moving at all?
  19. signalpath

Yes, 130dB is roughly today's limit of single-path DACs (all DACs today). We're experimenting with multi-path. The low-path has a 40nVrms quiescent BB/UW noise floor, while the high path has +29dBu headroom. That's a dynamic range and linearity of 175dB. It's somewhat analogous to HDR...
  20. D

True. If you look at the results of Amir's tests, I'd guess everything from top to bottom exceeds the limits of my (or anyone's) hearing. So, why bother to rank at all? If, in the final analysis, it's all limited by our physiology and biases why does anyone ever buy anything above a PROZOR...
Top Bottom