Search results for query: topping

1. gamerpaddy

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

did you follow my guide ? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-pa5-fix-d01-module-replacement-for-everyone.44219/post-1586850 i dont have any modules left and im not sure if i order some more as the number of people asking for one went down quite a bit, i would...
  2. trl

FLUX Mentor - teardown, inside pictures and a few measurements

If you know a headamp costing only 100 USD and having relays-array volume control, both balanced and unbalanced Inputs and Outputs and at the same time to be able to output peaks close to 50W @32Ohms then I'd be happy to buy a couple of these, at least. We need to understand that sometimes...
  3. dualazmak

Help me convert old speakers to actives

Yes for your starting-up, I assume. Please take intensive care, however, to implement proper safety measures (protection capacitors) for your midrange drivers and tweeters (ref. here). And also take best care of your ignition/startup sequences and shutdown sequences (ref. here).
  4. D

DIY speaker stands

My speaker stands consist of a pair of 50€ Amazon barstools without the seat attached. They are made from stamped steel, so they would ring, but I sealed them with black rough duct tape and black silicone and filled them with sand. They are very quiet now, no more obvious ringing. I used black...
  5. A

Help me convert old speakers to actives

I think if I use the existing drivers, those would be from the very bottom of the manufacturers' range and therefore almost any modern amp would work fine (i.e the drivers will be the limiting factor in performance). And the Hypex plate amp I would think will be good enough for mid-range and...
  6. Waxx

Best way to upgrade preamp?

...4ch on dac, but still better than most. And it's probally more durable than a lot of cheap asian devices (at least in my impression with both Topping, Smsl and MiniDSP). An RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE can aslo be great. It measures great and has a good track record on durability. Other variations of...
  7. Z

Amp recommendation

"the amount of power it can deliver" - I would be careful here. I have own RME ADI-2 DAC FS for 20 months now and have tried many different headphones. The DAC and DSP functionality is really great - I agree with you. However, the amp section does not deliver across all low sensitivity and...
  8. Grotti

Amp recommendation

The obvious RME ADI 2. You will love the PEQ, the cross feed, the pitch black silence without a signal and the amount of power it can deliver. It comes at a cost, but I can't imagine a more versatile and reliable top performer when it comes to HP ( or pre amp functionality in my case).
  9. 1niltothe

Combining NAD 3020 and 1000W Class D amplifier? Got some random passive speakers and amplifiers and unsure what the limits are.

Posting here because I'm a n00b curious about principles, learning - especially the electronics (ohms, wattage etc). Not intending to set up the best audiophile system in the world. Say you had a mish mash assortment of 2nd hand Ebay speakers and amplifiers and wanted to combine some of them...
  10. Z

Amp recommendation

I can not comment on Topping. However, two amps that I have tested are Violectric V-222 and Ferrum OOR. IMO, both perform very well in balanced XLR from the DAC plus pull/push connection to the headphones. My final choice was OOR since like you I may buy some other headphones in the future...
  11. V

DAC Input latency tierlist for gaming? Hasn't been done before.

...very hard. Turns out it wasn't plugged in properly. Pleased to report that Optical resulted in 36-50ms latency at 24bit and 96khz, EAPO on, Topping drivers, ASIO output samples at 240. This is the same latency as motherboard front panel output (37-50ms)! So it is possible that a $5 cable...
  12. Basic Channel

Why can't this be easier?

Thank you for the pedantry and I stand corrected, you can see why I kinda see it as related. I have found (just as a hobbyist) that it depends on the sound you are trying to throw between the speakers. Sometimes you can get away with a longer time, sometimes not. Obviously I don't mean over...
  13. Pareto Pragmatic

2k - 3k Hifi small room system advice.

With Ascend on your list, consider Sierra LX ($1550). Goes to down to 40hz, room gain will likely cover well below that. VERY controlled bass. Wiim streamer at $100-300 US (gives you EQ and parametric EQ options), SMSL dac of some sort (I just got the DO100 pro for $220 US), Fosi v3...
  14. K

Eversolo AMP-F2 Class D Power Amplifier (Coming Soon)

OK, understood. Let's hope they are all safe. Will get me one and test them. ;)
  15. V

Eversolo AMP-F2 Class D Power Amplifier (Coming Soon)

First it was the Topping PA5, now you have available PA5 II and PA7, also Aiyima has the A70 and Audiophonics packages the 3e module in a finished product.
  16. P

Schiit Ragnarok 2’s AP Report

...way I could describe it. I don’t use my headphones often and just have the 58x so it’s not a hard headphone to drive.i haven’t had a topping and only had Smsl as a speaker amp, but it reminds me more of the JDs labs element I had. The only real negative is my poor recording are really...
  17. Newman

Why can't this be easier?

I don't think that is a good description of the Haas Effect, starting with 20 ms actually being 30 ms, but I won't get too pedantic. Suffice to say that it is an 'equal loudness' threshold rather than a detection threshold. The detection threshold is the bottom line on the following chart...
  18. formdissolve

Schiit Ragnarok 2’s AP Report

Nice! Have you tried the headphone output? I listen to headphones more than speakers these days.. specs aren't as clean as a Topping or SMSL headphone amp, but those are a totally different beast.
  19. Keith_W

Replace 3 way with 2 way + sub for better room correction?

Just FYI, my friend calibrated his iPhone SPL meter with my SPL meter. His iPhone 12 was 7dB too low. Then there is the possibility that iPhones don't have flat responses. If I understand you properly, you want more bass output. But if you add 2-3 subwoofers to your existing setup with your ML...
  20. raif71

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Edited : A90D not A30d
Top Bottom