Search results

1. A

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Just curious to learn what others have to say. So far there was one thoughtful comment
  2. A

Børresen M1

I’ve heard Borresen’s entry-level bookshelf-sized Z1 alongside their 05 floorstanders. I was totally convinced 05s were playing until they actually switched to them from the Z1. Unbelievable bass.
  3. A

Cause of Listening Fatigue?

Cause of listening fatigue? Too much SINAD + a poorly-recorded digital source material :)
  4. A

Is 22kHz brickwall cut off audible? - Listening test

I didn’t even know which file was brick-walled when listening.
  5. A

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

This thread and this particular quote were mentioned in the recent Darko’s podcast where he discusses measurements with Goldensound https://darko.audio/2022/07/podcast-the-real-value-of-measurements/ The discussion itself is pretty interesting, gives some food for thought
  6. A

How much do HiFi dealers add on top , on average?

The maximum discount I was ever able to get from a distributor was 40%. My guess their total margin on most audiophile gear is 50%
  7. A

Both DAC are transparent as measures by Amir, why one not as clean sounding as the other?

Reviewers insert an amp into their reference system, the sound of which they know well. Then they basically describe the changes they hear.
  8. A

[YouTube] The Big Measurement & Listening Mistake Some Hi-Fi Reviewers Make - SoundStage! Real Hi-Fi

One of them was Andrew Robinson, who is now running a popular Youtube channel and previously was a writer for Audio Video Revolution, Modern Home Theater and Home Theater Review. I wouldn't call him an "audiophile reviewer". As far as I know, none of the reviewers from either Stereophile or...
  9. A

Steve Guttenberg compares subjective and objective reviews

Steve is simply saying that in his opinion engineers that design speakers are more knowledgeable than objective reviewers who just perform measurements. His engineer-friend Andrew Jones once posted the following in Facebook group: You have to be careful about discussing the merits of the...
  10. A

How holographic can a soundstage be?

1.3 meters from the wall behind the speakers. Some absorption on side walls.
  11. A

How holographic can a soundstage be?

Holographic soundstage is impossible without proper speaker and chair placement. Try Cardas method, that’s what I use: http://www.cardas.com/room_setup_main.php
  12. A

"Things that cannot be measured"

Thanks, fixed it.
  13. A

In a recent heated discussion on the topic of “measurements vs listening” in the “Audiophiles on a budget” Facebook group here’s what famous speaker designer Andrew Jones' (KEF, Infinity, Pioneer, TAD, Elac) posted: You have to be careful about discussing the merits of the different measurement...
  14. A

What are we listening to right now..

Having a lot of fun listening to Kraftwerk covers done in a Latin American style.
  15. A

Jonathan Novick (Audio Precision, AES, CTA) on things that cannot be measured
  16. A

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

This was the decision of the organizers. Everyone took 5 tests, including Michael Fremer. Let's say there were 10 participants in these tests. Only one of them got 5 correct answers out of 5 and it was not some random guy, but Michael Fremer, who was claiming he can pass this test in the first...
  17. A

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Oh, it's the same David Clark, who tested Fremer at CES one year later
Top Bottom