Search results

1. B

Recommend a budget amp with low gain?

It does not appear I needed a new amp. Built the Titans and ran Audyssey which set the trims around -5 to -6 db with the same Emotiva, instead of -12 db with previous speakers. I do need help with another issue. I use the subwoofer pre out to a MiniDSP HD and then 4 outputs to channels of Crown...
  2. B

Sounds complicated. I am hoping my electrician bud will be able to understand and assist. The AVR is a Denon with Audyssey and I will be running that process after I use REW to best align my multiple subs and adjust MiniDSP 2x4HD first. Additional question about these two units regarding their...
  3. B

Sorry, the question was how do I know if I have DC from the source? Do I, would I, from AVR pre out RCA to this amp? And secondary supplying gear setup to see if the CMX was already taking care of that, as it appears that's not the purpose of that particular device - thanks NTK. So now I need to...
  4. B

Yes, I would think so, on paper. I guess ingrained that explosions etc will require impulses of higher wattages beyond what that amp might be capable of, even with average listening volumes at my couch around 75-85db. One other question if you would not mind assisting me with. I do not...
  5. B

Please correct me if I am wrong with some key specs below. On paper, 32w into the Titans is 114db which is ridiculous for me, however, the Titan is an 18" driver with 8" mid-range and compression driver. An Emotiva BasX A2 weighs about 25 pounds, average for a budget stereo amp I'd say. The...
  6. B

Thank you. That MPA-S125NC looks very promising.
  7. B

Forgive me if this is the wrong place or has already been discussed here and I have not found it yet. I am building Titans (99db) and my current speakers are also 99db DIYSG speakers. I use a Denon AVR with Emotiva-A300 currently. My listening levels are stupid low, an AVR would suffice, but I...
  8. B

Denon DRA-800H Review (Stereo Receiver)

Well, that is disappointing. I use this model for a pair of bookshelf speakers and subwoofer currently. I do note without calibration I did my best to integrate dsp on the SVS sub. Changing setup soon and it will power 4 ceiling speakers for HEOS only, albeit an expensive receiver for this...
  9. B

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Does anyone know if the X4500H can also turn off the internal amplifier of the front L/R for use with Pre-out with the same 11 channel setting? I think the X3700H suits my needs but I found a preowned X4500H for $300 less than a new X3700H will cost me.
Top Bottom