Search results

1. T

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Hi, yes the ESS is considered way better.
  2. T

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I recently replaced my WXC-50 with Wiim mini + SMSL SU-9. The sound quality is heaps better, the connectivity options increased and the Wiim app is so much better to use than the MusicCast app. Good bye Yamaha, thanks for all the poor support during those years.
  3. T

This works perfectly for me on my WXC-50
  4. T

I have been following this discussion about the WXC-50 DACs. I found a different opinion on this site: In one discussion board I’ve read recently, Yamaha confirmed that the WXC-50’s DSD-capable ESS DAC chip is used for the PRE-OUT and all digital outputs (Optical and Coax) while the Non-DSD...
  5. T

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Hi I love this DAC. I am considering replacing my Yamaha WXC-50 with either a Z6 or Z8 and a WIIM Mini. I am happy with the WXC-50 sound quality but I am frustrated by Yamaha's lack of support for more modern streaming protocols (i.e Tidal Connect or AirPlay2). I would assume this pair would...
  6. T

Devices that will accept a cast from Tidal.

I make apps for a living and I was shocked how a big company like Yamaha can produce such a bad one as MusicCast, especially considering the hardware and ecosystem are really wonderful. It's great you are satisfied with your solution without having to use the App! I think I'll stick to Spotify...
  7. T

Hi thanks for the reply! I'm not an Apple enthusiast, also I was hoping in a native solution a-la Spotify Connect. I think it's just laziness on Yamaha's part as they did not implement the Tidal's streaming protocol. Unfortunately their App is so bad that is a liability for such a good piece of...
  8. T

Hi I have a Yamaha WXC-50 and I'm subscribed to both Spotify and Tidal Hi-Fi trials. I wanted to check whether Tidal Hi-Fi tier is that much better sounding that Spotify. With my setup, the answer is: it depends on the recording quality. However the WXC-50 works so well with Spotify Connect...
Top Bottom