Search results

1. OpiateSkittles

DAC/AMP combo for $150-250

I agree that the 9038S is all you need. Even with two balanced cables, you're well within budget (assuming $50 per cable, you're at $190). The sound with my modded HD6XX is very clean and detailed with this device. Another option from the same company is the PDV2. It's not quite as detailed...
  2. OpiateSkittles

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Neutron is feature-rich but has a terrible UI. Personally, I find UAPP to be much more tolerable, and you can use it to stream Tidal/Qobuz as well.
  3. OpiateSkittles

That's a shame. :( They got back to me very quickly when I had an issue with a Sonata S3.
  4. OpiateSkittles

That's not the unbalanced version. In fact, that's the one I own. It has some differences and improvements from gen 1 and 2, but it is still a balanced device. The unbalanced version, which is still in the works, will be called the 9038D.
  5. OpiateSkittles

I got mine from aliexpress but it did take a while.
  6. OpiateSkittles

Definitely contact them; their support is actually quite good. I'd still recommend getting a better cable, though. I bought one of the DD TC03 cables for mine for less than 10 bucks and there's no worry of that thing failing (it's metal shielded). I haven't been using my HD Pro as much...
  7. OpiateSkittles

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

I own the Meizu Hifi Pro and it suffers from an issue with interference over cellular connection. It is fine, and sounds great over wifi, but this issue makes it useless for being out and about. I'm unable to figure out (because Meizu won't answer my emails) if this is a faulty unit, or if all...
  8. OpiateSkittles

You've probably ordered one or the other already, but I'd look at my last comment on page 22. I own the Meizu pro and Sonata HD pro and the Meizu suffers from interference over a cellular connection, rendering it only usable over wifi. I'm unable to find out if this is just a fault in my unit or...
  9. OpiateSkittles

Hi here. Ive been cruising this site for a while but never felt the need to chime in on the forum (i do enough of that on reddit and over at head fi). I own the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and the Meizu Hifi Pro and... ...you made the right choice. They do sound similar (though I'd give the edge to...
Top Bottom