Search results

1. E

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver 1 - specs page says they want 40 - 100W. Planning to use near-field for a desktop PC setup, hence the need for a small amp. Not planning to use a subwoofer. Since it's near-field, definitely looking to make sure there's no hiss or noise from the amp.
  2. E

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

The WXA-50 seems awfully tempting, but I have no use for the streaming features. I hate to pay $500 for it, knowing that I'll never use it for it's main purpose... Are there any good alternatives without the streaming that are also similarly compact, measures well, optical input is nice but not...
  3. E

Yamaha WXA-50 alternative without streaming?

Can't seem to find many reviews on this. Are there any other well-rated alternatives to the WXA-50?
  4. E

Yamaha WXA-50 alternative without streaming?

The Yamaha WXA-50 seems to be well regarded and I want to purchase it to power near-field desktop speakers for my PC (tight on space so need an amp with a small footprint). However, since they will be hooked to a PC, I have no need for any of the streaming features. Are there any similarly-sized...
  5. E

Small-sized amp for 2.0 speakers?

Gotcha. I think I've seen enough posts against the NAD D3020 to now strike it off my list. I actually will have my amp/speakers hooked up to a PC so the WXA-50 streaming features are worthless to me (since the PC is obviously internet connected). I don't think the Yamaha WXA-50 has USB input...
  6. E

Small-sized amp for 2.0 speakers?

Looking for a small amp to power 2.0 speakers (Monitor Audio Silver 1's) and from what I can gather the below three seem to be good for combination of small size, power and quality. Any opinions on what's going to be the best out of these (or maybe another that I'm missing)? Budget limit is...
Top Bottom