Search results

1. D

KEF R3 vs. Philharmonic BMR Grudge Rematch to the Probably not Death Thread

How about against the Revel 226be at about 4x the cost? I’m a current Revel F36/F35/C25 set up. I was thinking a PerformaBe setup with the 226be could be an end game option years down the road. I have heard some people complain about ear fatigue with beryllium tweeters, so I’d want to demo them...
  2. D

Fleetwood Sound - Deville speakers

After reading this in the Sterophile review, I had to get online and read opinions on this: "MDF is compressed sawdust in glue. It is a horrible, cheap material for a speaker, sounds dead, has poor structural integrity, and is something we never use for cabinetry," Weiss said. "Loudspeaker...
  3. D

Fleetwood Sound - Deville speakers

These speakers are out of my price range, but they are oddly interesting. There are quite a few folks devoted to these speakers. I didn’t know about these until I saw Steve Huff’s video.
  4. D

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

I own the Anthem MRX 720 AVR and pretty satisfied with its DAC, but upgraditis once in awhile crops up. Curious if anyone has compared the Anthem DAC (it uses the AKM 32/768) to the D50, D70, or D90?
  5. D

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Any word on Benchmark releasing a 3 and/or 5 channel amp? Since they are backlogged currently on their 2-channel flagship model, I suppose they don’t need any additional business.
  6. D

Revel F228Be Review (Speaker)

I just read this article, certainly makes me think I should save up for the 226 Be’s. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/shootout-revel-f208-f226be-jbl-hdi-3800-l100.3160766/
  7. D

Revel Salon 2 or Focal Sopra 2 or Kanta 3 for ~$9250?

Did you get a chance to audition them? If yes, how would you compare them to the Revel F208’s you own?
  8. D

Revel F228Be Review (Speaker)

That’s interesting. I currently have a F36/F35/C25 setup with a couple of Rythmik subs. My original upgrade path was a F208/F206/C208 set up. However, wondering if I financially can pull it off to swap out the F208’s for 226 Be’s. The reason it may not be the right choice is the size of my...
  9. D

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Great insight, I’m actually looking at this Benchmark amp, Parasound, and Rotel for a 2-channel amp for a future Spatial Audio Sapphire M3 speaker purchase. Is there particular music styles you preferred with the Benchmark and Parasound amps? I like 70’s and 80’s rock and pop, electronica, chill...
Top Bottom