Search results

1. F

Mackie HR824Mk2

Review *with measurements* starts on page 44. https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-Studio-Sound/00s/Studio-Sound-2000-06.pdf
  2. F

Any Cheaper Alternative To Duratex Archy Tech Coatings

I used deck paint with good results on MDF using a roller. It’s been 5 years and it’s still holding up great.
  3. F

Anybody PREFER listening to music on bookshelves or tower speakers only (without the subwoofer)?

I feel it’s near impossible to know what’s going on and what adjustments to make without accurate measurements to get the transition from mains to subs smooth. Then placement/eq to get a smooth response is equally important IMO. Without this high level of effort, I understand why some would opt...
  4. F

FS Crown XLS1502 $300 SOLD

Got it today...thanks for shipping it so quickly!
  5. F

FS Crown XLS1502 $300 SOLD

I’ll take it. Sending a PM.
  6. F

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Got my deposit in for an 8 channel NC252MP, I think I killed my last receiver by driving 4 ohm Infinity speakers on a Denon AVR-X4400H. Looking forward to proper power!
  7. F

Don't set your subwoofer on the floor

Exactly! I plan to build out my theater with a baffle wall and I already bought 4 Ultimax 18's. I was thinking of some platform to place on top of the floor sub to hold it's pair near the ceiling at each of the front corners. If something is not ridiculous to most, I don't want any part of it :).
  8. F

Don't set your subwoofer on the floor

Why would moving the subwoofer in the Z axis be less valid a solution to smoother frequency response than the X and Y axis? I’ve always wondered if I do 4 subs in the bottom left/right and front top left/right (possibly behind baffle wall), I’ve covered the 4 corners and would it have the same...
  9. F

Dr Floyd Toole's Vid

Here’s an older pic of the same room with Infinity Prelude MTS’.
  10. F

DIY Sound Group Volt-6

I’m very much appreciative of you measuring DIY speakers. I’m very excited to see how the 1099s measure as I’m building a set. Maybe there’s a gem out there, this certainly isn’t it. I bought into forum hype and bought a used pair of these and was dissatisfied. I think the peak from...
  11. F

Mackie HR824 MK1 Studio Monitors: Factory Anechoic + In-Room Measurements

I was using 3 of these as LCRs in my basement theater and they sounded great. I now use a pair at my office desk. They beat the snot out of the JBL LSR305/308, but they should considering the original price range. These a hidden gem on the used market.
  12. F

Now this seems loud!

Loudest thing I heard in the Army was an Abrams tank firing from about 15ft behind. Even though I new it was going to fire by body's reaction was to flinch.
  13. F

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

This is a link to a post of mine regarding these. I replaced 2 LSR308 and 1 LSR305 as the fronts in my basement theater with the HR824 Mk1s. Is there much difference between the MkI vs MkII LSRs? I did an unscientific A/B test of this Mackie and the JBL LSR308 with a friend recently. We...
  14. F

Which DIY speakers would you like to see reviewed?

I would like some of the DIYSoundGroup designs like the Elusive 1099. I'd like to see how something popular like that compares to retail designs.
  15. F

Mackie HR824Mk2

Here’s the spinorama of the HR824 Mk1....appears to be better than the Mk2 to me.
Top Bottom