Search results

1. fredoamigo

DAC under 200€ for new newbies

Thanks to your curiosity, you have the chance to put your foot in the right place so stay there and you will learn many exciting things in all fields ... I did not have this chance 25 years ago and I wasted a lot of time and money.
  2. fredoamigo

DAC under 200€ for new newbies

Hello dear compatriot, you should avoid as much as possible taking the opinions of YouTube influencers at face value, the measurements are there to confirm that the design engineering is good. if there are no measurements and only subjective comments, do not buy (this is valid for all elements...
  3. fredoamigo

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

I used the Benchmark AHB2 as an example, because they have more or less the same power with and without bridge. The Soncoz SGP1 is not bridgeable as far as I know, and it's this use that interests me.
  4. fredoamigo

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

Exactly, and I wonder what the Vidar would do in a blind A/B test. I'm not sure that the differences would be obvious against an AHB2 that costs four times as much.
  5. fredoamigo

RME DPS-2 Linear Power Supply

If it weren't for the protection, which isn't insignificant, I wouldn't have any use for it.
  6. fredoamigo

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

The "guilty pleasure" of DIY enthusiasts is often to choose very high-end components with superlative performance on paper. However, in this case, a SCAN-SPEAK tweeter at 69.50 USD and a SB Acoustics aˋ30.00 USD woofer were chosen, making the construction performance even more impressive and...
  7. fredoamigo

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Miles Davis , Ahmad Jamal , Thelonious Monk , Prince ,David Bowie ..
  8. fredoamigo

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

Although very popular with audiophiles, Benchmark is a company with a professional (public) vocation and I don't think that an integrated amp is useful in the pro market. On the other hand, I find it difficult to improve a product that is already perfect for most users.
  9. fredoamigo

BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sounds Product of the Year 2024"

It's not so much that I don't want to hear what the engineer wanted, but it's mainly that we have no way of knowing what he wanted?! we can at best presume it. Here the circle of confusion is too large.
  10. fredoamigo

Speakers from last century that you love

It doesn't matter which drivers Dunlavy used at the time (VIFA for high frequencies?), in my opinion the design was more important than the choice of drivers and especially the diffraction treatment. I'd be really curious to know what these speakers would sound like today with complete Spinorama...
  11. fredoamigo

We must start from the principle that from the start Stereo is an illusion created by more or less good illusionists who do not follow any standards. what the illusionist “wanted” does not interest me and it is not for him that I buy the album but for the artist. If there is an algorithm that...
  12. fredoamigo

ATC speakers / Monitors

In France there is a saying that goes:" it's in old pots that we make the best soups" ATC seems to apply it.
  13. fredoamigo

ATC speakers / Monitors

For the fan club . https://audioxpress.com/news/atc-announces-new-scm20asl-limited-edition-loudspeaker
  14. fredoamigo

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

In short, and if I interpret his response correctly, one must have a hypocritical gentleness in all circumstances...I guess he knows what he's talking about
  15. fredoamigo

Kef Blade Meta and Genelec discussion

The biggest advantage with actives is that you don't have to play little electric train with amps, dac, etc etc. But many of us are still big kids.
  16. fredoamigo

In any case, we must stand together in this story, because we mustn't lose sight of the fact that the others will always be more numerous, and that the fight against the deceptions and lies of audio will never end. A big thank you to Amir, because even if he'll never go on holiday with Erin...
  17. fredoamigo

I knew that American society (usa) loves lawsuits and all kinds of legal action for anything and everything. But here it's Ubuesque, burlesque, grotesque, ridiculous, because the plaintiff is shooting himself in the foot and even if he were to win this lawsuit this action will permanently...
  18. fredoamigo

http://soundmedia.jp/nuaudktua/
  19. fredoamigo

Do you care about speaker looks / appearance?

There are designs like this Avalon that will never fit into my home..the only positive point with these speakers is that children naturally move away from them.;)
  20. fredoamigo

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

wine consumption has fallen a little but I think that the country is still among the biggest consumers of wine. For the food, and the budget I don't know? We can't generalize but in my circle, cooking is part of our discussions almost every day and it has a lot of importance and so to...
Top Bottom