Search results

1. CedarWind108

Great driver for single driver no crossover speaker?

Would like to end up with something that is exceptionally good at the limited things that it can do. Value is not super important as long as it can accomplish this. Accuracy/detail is definitely a priority as well as simple construction, avoiding ports if possible, transmission lines etc. If the...
  2. CedarWind108

Main goal is just to try something without a crossover, mostly out of curiosity, while still hopefully being somewhat high end and enjoyable. Probably to use as a desktop speaker or in a secondary bookshelf system. I’ve also been curious about the Textreme ever since they came out. Would the...
  3. CedarWind108

Would it be reasonable to say that the SB Acoustics Satori MW13TX might make for a pretty good single driver speaker? (Assuming being ok with some compromise on low and high frequencies)
  4. CedarWind108

New SMSL AL200 Intergrated Amplifier

Sounds like network streaming would be one of the more useful challenges for these companies to tackle next, given that DACs are already great and speaker amps are making significant progress.
  5. CedarWind108

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

The most important feature Topping could add to products in this price range is premium support and warranty, 5 years minimum. And provide free shipping for any service/repairs.
  6. CedarWind108

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

For this price I can deal with a product with limited after-sales support.
  7. CedarWind108

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

While I like that Topping is always releasing new products and keeping this space interesting and competitive, it seems like what many of us would need to purchase Topping products is a good warranty and US based service/support.
  8. CedarWind108

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

I like the Schiit design, I hope they will one day decide to put something like this into one of their products.
  9. CedarWind108

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I'm very curious how this will compare to the Chord Mojo 2
  10. CedarWind108

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Since this forum is about perfection, the amp section that is beat by the relatively cheap L30 and IEMagni could be a little better for IEMs. I don’t mind the new design but prefer the “Hot Hatch” (to quote Topping) retro design of the previous products. Hope the next DAC/AMP can improve the...
  11. CedarWind108

What do you want to see from Topping..?

Cool looking powerful amp with (optional) tubes on the input, VU meters. Something with a vintage look and modern measurements. Something with a look like these (but smaller).
  12. CedarWind108

What do you want to see from Topping..?

Purifi based monoblocks. AK4499 DAC under $350 (since AKM is making them again). Wifi streamer. Remote control with volume knob instead of buttons. Active crossover. Schiit should also take a look at the ideas in this thread.
  13. CedarWind108

AKM restarting production

https://audioxpress.com/article/the-return-of-velvet-sound-and-news-about-self-powered-speakers
  14. CedarWind108

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Schiit is working on $3,000/pair monoblocks. With all the future amps Topping will likely soon come out with, not sure how anyone will be able to justify that kind of pricing ever again. I’m guessing a lot of companies will have to adjust their strategies now. The next Topping speaker amp will...
  15. CedarWind108

Other than everything everyone else already said, another nice future feature would be a heatsink instead of holes, to prevent dust from accumulating inside.
  16. CedarWind108

Would the analog volume control have increasing distortion as the volume goes down?
  17. CedarWind108

Hope they’ll get rid of the red volume knob on their future black products.
  18. CedarWind108

Could pair well with the new Dynaudio Emit 10/20 for an entry level audiophile system
  19. CedarWind108

I need a glowing review from Amirm and Shawn from Zero Fidelity to make a blind purchase. Gives a good balance between the “measurements” side and “audiophile/how does it sound” side. Hoping Shawn reviews and likes it too as this is great value for a desktop setup. And looking forward to more...
Top Bottom