Search results

1. B

iPad Lightning cable to Micro USB B Input on DAC ?

Thanks! I have Dolby, EQ, and Sound Check off. @staticV3 explained in another thread it has something to do with UAC2 vs UAC1 in the DAC.
  2. B

iPhone -> Lightning/USB 3 adapter ->DAC is it bit perfect?

When an iOS device's Apple Music Ahh so the attenuation happens in the DAC? Thank you so much for this clarification!
  3. B

Scratching my head - getting Apple music to HiFi

If you set iOS Apple Music app volume to max while using the lightning to USB adapter to a DAC, is it bit-perfect?
  4. B

iPad Lightning cable to Micro USB B Input on DAC ?

If you set iOS Apple Music app volume to max while using the lightning to USB adapter to a DAC, is it bit-perfect?
  5. B

Thanks! AM is Apple Music. Trying to get it to work in bit perfect stream. So does it mean that the volume being controlled in the iPhone is adjusted in the DAC?
  6. B

I used the Lightning to USB 3 Camera adapter with my iPhone 13 and iPad. Sadly, AM doesn't lock the volume control with my DACs: 1. Denafrips Ares II 2. Topping E30 3. JD Labs EL DAC II Why does AM lock volume control on some DACs and not in others? Is this purely DAC dependent?
  7. B

Topping E30 vs JDS Labs EL DAC II coax input

Hi, I just got a Allo Digone to use as a Roon endpoint. I have an E30, but short one DAC. I'm planning on getting either another Topping E30 or the JDS Labs EL DAC II. I saw the coax input is worse than the USB input in the E30, although below audibility. I did an A/B test (not blind) on the...
  8. B

JDS Labs EL DAC II Review

Hi, I just got a Allo Digone to use as a Roon endpoint. I have an E30, but short one DAC. I'm planning on getting either another Topping E30 or the JDS Labs EL DAC II. I saw the coax input is worse than the USB input in the E30, although below audibility. I did an A/B test (not blind) on the...
  9. B

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Looks like there's a new version of the Reference series on the way. Just saw an Elac's Instagram story featuring them with a "Coming Soon" caption. It also seems like they're using new woofer drivers–they don't look like the aramid fiber ones.
  10. B

No, man. I'm just commenting on their wide directivity. Sorry for the confusion, if there was any.
  11. B

They really do, per Amir's measurements and from my experience. One downside is that using it in a not so well-treated room, sound bounces all over the place. I've read and heard that if you treat them like a high-end pair (nice stands, good placement, room treatment), they can deliver excellent...
  12. B

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

You got one important part of science right–changing your conclusion reporting new observations in the face of new evidence. Kudos @joentell ! The word "science" is in the middle of the name of this site, so a lot of us expect a semblance of the scientific method to be at the heart of the...
  13. B

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

Many thanks! This was very informative. I'll check out the video later. Yes, the C 338 has Chromecast Audio built in. I'm using one of my CCAs (analog output) as a streamer with an old (90s) amplifier set up in our living room and was just wondering if I could improve the sound by adding a Modi...
  14. B

I didn't for this test. But I did it a couple of years ago and remember it was louder with full dynamic range on. I still have it set up. I'll test it tomorrow.
  15. B

Thanks for the links. I've read these before. I've forgotten how competent the DAC implementation of the CCA is. But I don't quite agree with the comment that "There is nothing he or Amir measures that suggests any external DAC should objectively sound better." Aren't we here in this forum...
  16. B

I had a similar setup (replace your amp with a NAD C 338). What I found was I preferred the sound coming from the E30 to the built-in DAC of the NAD. But even the NAD is superior to the DAC of the CCA. To me, there is an audible difference. But it could be expectation bias–I didn't do a blind test.
  17. B

I just want to be able to stream Spotify to my stereo while controlling it from my phone... what do I need?

Just a caveat, Spotify to Chromecast is limited to 256 kbps. Sonos Connect does Spotify Connect, which is the platform to stream "very high" quality (320 kbps). But that might change in the future with the announcement of HiFi.
  18. B

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

I know, man. I'm just lazy. I mean it's really great that Topping is replacing the pre 2012 units. But there's also something about needing to open the unit or use a multimeter to test the replacement for my peace of mind that rubs me the wrong way. I don't think I've encountered any other...
Top Bottom