Search results

1. D

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

Given those benefits, have you thought about a version with the Raal? I’ve got a pair of your bmr bookshelves that sound amazing in a small room, and I love the idea of the super low distortion purifi woofers in my main system in a larger room. That said, it is hard to step backwards once you’ve...
  2. D

Ascend Acoustics Announces New Klippel NFS-Optimized Sierra Towers and Horizon Center

I’d take your last statement a nudge further. I’d bet we can measure most of what we like about audio equipment. I just don’t think (warning: opinion) we have a comprehensive set of measures to explain why we enjoy the sound of certain pieces of equipment yet.
  3. D

Ascend Acoustics Announces New Klippel NFS-Optimized Sierra Towers and Horizon Center

Don’t forget the slightly raised 2nd & 3rd HD. It’s like a little tube warmth for just the upper registers. Not a surprise that things like female vocals and violins sound exceptionally amazing on them (to use a technical term). Also explains why the new AAs can both have a louder bass...
  4. D

Emotiva XMC-2 Review (AV Processor)

https://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/59158/asr-xmc-2-review?page=8#post-1078489 Plot thickens? Now they’ve measured XMC and shown it to match the RMC. No details about output voltage, magnitude of test signal, volume settings, or other test conditions. But I don’t think we’re to the...
  5. D

In their defense, I think they consolidated as opposed to deleting. The one that remains is in an obscure corner of the boards as opposed to the main section where the now-gone one was, but they did say they were consolidating.
  6. D

What bugs me is Lonnie and Keith are also on there saying that they’ve both confirmed the RMC and XMC are the same (100 SINAD vs 85?), and also that SINAD doesn’t even matter and it is just an old radio term… Maybe I’m being cynical and I do hope I am wrong here. But I agree with you - it sure...
  7. D

This. So this. Which is why this result was so disappointing.
  8. D

The big difference is Emotiva’s doesn’t have massive LF noise and doesn’t have the timing errors. But I agree, Emotiva’s result isn’t all that much better. No longer “broken,” but not hifi and not commensurate with the price tag, in my opinion.
  9. D

Not sure what you’re trying to imply. They both measured almost the exact same THD, and they both look bad
  10. D

THD still doesn’t look good at all
  11. D

Could also be part quality, tolerance, PS design, or even the layout needed to fit in a smaller chassis. I hope it’s a faulty unit, but it’s really on Emotiva to prove they didn’t muck up the XMC2s now that these measurements are out. As best I can tell, my XMC2 sounds really good too, but it’s...
  12. D

Lol, took Emotiva all of ~12 hours to lock the thread on their site about this result and threaten to ban anyone for starting a new one. Not a good look…
Top Bottom