Search results

1. P

Small 2.1 active setup for space constrained desk

I have a KEF LSX II and SVS Micro 3000. It's a great setup running with Dirac on my mac. If you have to mount them horizontally the Kefs will also perform better than the other options due to the coaxial driver, I think.
  2. P

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

The E3 is very, very good. I picked one up and I am very surprised by the soundstage for closed cans. For context, they are not speakers - no headphone will ever replace speakers soundstage until they can do Spatial Audio like Apple. But for normal headphones, they are really wonderful and...
  3. P

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

This little guy with the 48v supply worked amazing on my high sensitivity speakers (old Elemental Designs ECD6). My JBL HDI 1600s, however, drive them into shutoff mode when they hit 87db at about 10ft distance. Still happy with it for the price but time to go Hypex.
  4. P

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

The people complaining about Erin's subjective opinions are being ridiculous. He provides extremely clear caveats about the limits and unreliability of subjectivity and provides a warning that if you don't care, you can skip ahead to the objective measurements. I thought it was a thoroughly...
  5. P

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Can these hang SPL wise with the Perlisten S7T? The compression and distortion measurements look great, but the sensitivity is fairly low - will they be able to compare in terms of dynamics with classical music at near reference level?
  6. P

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

This is kind of what I expected, but I am surprised how close I am getting from my current setup so figured it'd be worth asking. I repurposed my old HT speakers the Elemental Designs EDC6's with the DE250 compression driver. While I'm waiting on my Buckeye amp to arrive I am driving them with...
  7. P

Yes, peaks but not sustained. I want to listen at realistic orchestral levels, especially because sometimes I will be accompanying it with a real grand piano in a large room 57x34x12. I understand some will say I must use pro speakers, but I am trying to see if something like the HT towers or...
  8. P

It goes without saying that the measurements on these speakers are truly superlative. But one thing I'm having a bit of trouble ascertaining is SPL output compared to something like the Perlisten R7T. A lot of the measurements I've seen on both speakers for distortion and compression are done...
  9. P

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

I see that the multichannel lux amp is available with a rackmount faceplate; is this one (the standard one) available with a rackmount style as well? If I am putting it in a rack there is no point in paying for the upgraded casework of the lux one since it won't be visible. I am interested in...
  10. P

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

I have tried the Meizu Pro with both my Pixel 4 XL and my iPad Pro. It performs very well on both of them and they drive my Sennheiser IE800S IEMS to the same volume level on each device. I do not understand the fear that they would drive IEMS too loudly - there is definitely more juice than...
  11. P

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

I tried rolling my own but wasn't able to get it to sound better than Sonarworks True-Fi. If you're not familiar with them, they measured the HD650 and then create an eq to flatten it based specifically on the measurements on the headphones. Within their software, I personalize it by...
  12. P

My RME arrived. Using them with my Hd650 and Sonarworks Tru-fi EQ listening to Shostakovich Symphony No. 7 with Oundijan conducting.....I am not sure if there is any point to spending more on anything better. I am a conservatory trained musician who has both listened to as well as performed...
  13. P

I actually think it's impressive that it has sufficient protection built in not to fry your phones, and also that it tells you on the screen what is wrong. Subjectively speaking, I'd guess 95% of amps on the market can not fulfill both of those criteria.
  14. P

Pro Tip for Travelers: wearing IEMs under Sony WH-100XM3 is amazing

I am just not willing to drop that much cash on something I can't audition ahead of time. I am extremely picky and I need an IEM that can give me excellent timbre and reproduce an orchestra without bothering me. That being the case, I highly doubt CIEMs can give true isolation to the point...
  15. P

Pro Tip for Travelers: wearing IEMs under Sony WH-100XM3 is amazing

I travel a fair amount for work (about 100 days a year on the road) and that's almost all via plane. So I am always looking for ways to optimize comfort and enjoy audio on the go. I have long struggled with achieving truly good sound on planes. I have tried many IEMs, but generally found that...
  16. P

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

If the 9038D doesn't require an external battery pack to work with a Pixel 4 XL, I am in.
  17. P

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Just ordered one of these to use with my ie800s and hopefully replace the absolutely horrible pixel dongle I have. The pixel dongle can barely drive the ie800s, a low impedance IEM, to acceptable levels for classical music. Thank you for the work that you do measuring these, and helping us...
  18. P

That is surprising to me on a device of the quality of RME. It reminds me of when I had that same issue on my Schiit Bifrost and they had to make a new "gen 5" usb module upgrade. The USB upgrade fixed the problem, but it really turned me off the brand and it was my start towards a more...
  19. P

Can you get everyone to like classical music?

Which is exactly what I said, despite your inability to see it. I was literally validating your right to an opinion in my post - and further, agreeing with it. In your angst, you are choosing to fight a battle that exists only in your mind. Might I suggest listening to some classical music...
  20. P

Can you get everyone to like classical music?

I'm not seeing "I expect everyone to like classical music" in there, so right back at you. Another of my life's regrets is that people who get erections at the pedantic visit internet forums. But I'm well aware that will never change - not everyone can represent the aesthetic ideal of...
Top Bottom