Search results

1. A

My endgame - Kef R7 or JBL HDI 3600

That is 20% off. I actually ordered a pair of R7 a few days ago from KEF at this price. Would like to ask KEF for a match if there is any 30% off.
  2. A

My endgame - Kef R7 or JBL HDI 3600

Could you please tell the specific shop in NJ that offers 30% off? KEF official store is running a sale, but not at 30%.
  3. A

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I 'rationalize' every dollar I spend. This is the value of ASR and Amir's work, which all of us should appreciate. It enables us to make informed decision.
  4. A

More accurate reproduction of signal, at least to the output of DAC.
  5. A

I follow this thread very often. After reading a few posts, I think I should login to express my appreciation to John's straightforwardness and outspoken style. This is rare in today's world and needs a lot of time. Please continue. In my signal path, everything before the power amp are from...
  6. A

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

I checked AHB2 manual. Page 40 says: Low Gain – The AHB2 has a low gain setting that optimizes the gain structure of professional monitoring systems. Maximum rated output is reached at an input signal level of 22 dBu. This places the upstream equipment in an ideal operating range to maximize the...
  7. A

I don't have Topping E30. But I have D10 and Dx7s and now D90/A90. D90/A90 is indeed audibly better than DX7s. When connecting a DAC with a separate amp, I would care whether voltages and SINADs match. E30 is 112db and A90 is 120db. So A90 will accurately amplify E30's noise. I would prefer a...
  8. A

Thank you, guys. I'll try these settings once my AHB2 arrives.
  9. A

1. A90 mid gain balanced out is up to 49Vpp. AHB2 low gain input is 9.8 Vrms. Any problem? Would A90 low gain be better? 2. I have KEF R7 in mind. Thank you to confirm.
  10. A

Dear John, I hope this message can get your reply. My D90-A90 pair arrived yesterday and they sound great, to a level I never heard before. I have to frequently adjust volume to adapt to the huge dynamic range they bring to my ears. Here are two questions to you: 1. I plan to put a Benchmark...
  11. A

Perfect. Thanks for the confirmation.
  12. A

I am actually convinced to try Purifi EVAL1 as a power amplifier after A90. The Purifi's input buffer can be bypassed, which reduces input impedance from 10.2kohm to 2.2kohm. Would this be too low for A90 to drive? A90's line-out has a 20ohm resistor, right? What would be A90's proper gain...
  13. A

John, Thank you for answering our questions. Before A90, I was thinking of D90-HPA4-AHB2-KEF R7 as my ultimate system. Replacing HPA4 by A90 saves me money. Does Topping have any plan to develop a power amplifier with matching performance? using NFCA architecture? What the output power will be...
Top Bottom