Search results

1. T

4.4mm Balanced Line IN - 4.4mm plug to Dual Female XLR cable feasible?

Hi All, I have a Fiio K9 Pro ESS that has a 4.4mm Balanced IN. I have an external DAC that also have Balanced XLR OUT connectors. I dont have XLR IN connectors in the Fiio K9 Pro. Yet there is this 4.4mm Balanced IN thing. I saw on eBay that there are 4.4mm to Dual Female XLR cables. Is that...
  2. T

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Well you are wrong regarding the level matching. I have done my process properly with the limitations I have. With the HD 800 S you hear difference as I mentioned above. I was surprised by the deep bass created by the E70V with the A30 Pro. I never heard the HD 800S performs like this before...
  3. T

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I recently got the E70 Velvet. And also the Fiio K9 Pro ESS (x2 ES9038PRO). The E70 velvet is connected via XLR to topping A30 Pro. I am using 5V output from the E70 velvet to the A30 Pro amp. I have a Sennheiser HD800 S balanced headphones. The sound is fantastic and this DAC really make...
  4. T

Guys - I got by a freak opportunity the FiiO K9 Pro ESS (2xES9380PRO). there was a deal here at a local shop that I could not refuse. I am telling you it's amazing. HD 800 S + this FiiO K9 Pro ESS is out of this world (can go up to 1100mW @ 300 Ohm at the balanced headphone jack, the A30 Pro is...
  5. T

Where to control the volume?

Hi All, My desktop setup is a Mac mini M1 + DACAMPS such as Fiio K7, Topping EX5, Zen DAC v2 and various iBasso/Fiio dongles that I got over the years. My speakers on the desk are Harman Kardon's SoundStick 4. It's powered 2.1 solution - and it has its own volume control (which is difficult to...
  6. T

Topping E70 Velvet or Fiio K9 AKM?

Hmmm... Regarding this one - "However how did you make these comparisons? " Well I just listen to the same content at the volume levels on multiple DAC-AMPs using bit perfect audio players (Audirvana). I do not over sample, or do any weird stuff. Simple playback. You can hear it that the K7 has...
  7. T

Thanks JSmith, So you are saying this AKM4499EX "Velvet" audio is basically marketing? I wont notice the difference vs my Fiio K7 (x2 AKM4493), Topping EX5 (x2 ES9038Q2M) ? If you are certain - I wont spend the $500... so far I am pleased by my entry level DACs. Even the Zen DAC v2 in GTO...
  8. T

Will the E70 Velvet work fine with my A30 Pro? is there any benefit in the Fiio 9 AKM as it has its own THX integrated amp? if I already have the A30 pro I should Ignore the Fiio 9 AKM? I am currently using my A30 Pro using XLRs with Topping EX5 (dual ESS DACs) - it sounds great yet I...
  9. T

Hi All, I am looking for a AKM4499EX DAC (or a DAC+AMP). I already have Topping A30 Pro headphones AMP which I got recently. The K9 AKM is about $100-150$ more expensive than the E70 Velvet (DAC Only). the K9 PRO AKM is way beyond my budget. so I skip it. My headphone is Sennheiser HD 800 S...
  10. T

iBasso DC02 USB Phone DAC & Amp Review

I just got my iBasso DC02 - I have firmware 0.07 per Apple System Report (connected to my MacBook Pro via USB-C) - I did not firmware flash from their website. I must say the sound is quite amazing. I tested with B&W P9 (32 ohm) and its quite amazing. I also connected it to my Magni 3 amp and...
Top Bottom