Search results

1. A

Lots of budgitish for sale - Topping D50, Massdrop CTH etc

Hey sorry for the late reply the dragonfly is sold
  2. A

Review and Measurements of Massdrop Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid (CTH) and JDS O2 Headphone Amps

I own a CTH. There are a couple pretty bad things about it, but I enjoy the sound it has over my laptop, phone or dragonfly red. I do think the build quality is quite bad, because I had one for a couple of days and it must have shorted because it stopped working. They sent me a new one no...
  3. A

Lots of budgitish for sale - Topping D50, Massdrop CTH etc

I just got some new sensitive earphones and all of my old gear has too high of a gain to use with them apparently. So I am trying to sell the following: Massdrop Cavelli Tube Hybrid - 175 Dragonfly Red - sold Also for sale are Aeon closed back headphones - 600 Mackie MP-240 Hybrid Dual Driver...
  4. A

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Hey hawkwind, I am also using it with a mac. When using a USB dac on mac its important to make sure you are using 44100 kz as the format. The DAC should tell you in its display what the format is. You can set the format by going to Applications -> Audio MIDI setup -> click on d50 on the right...
  5. A

What are we listening to right now..

Anyone here listen to Cecile Mclorin Salvant? Absolutely unbelievable female vocalist <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. A

Looking for top-tier portable DAC/AMP

Haha yea thats completely insane
  7. A

After doing research into the Mojo, it seems a lot of users are having issues with the batteries giving out quickly. They can only be replaced by an authorized dealer for a stupid price. Beware used mojo listings as you might be paying for unit with a battery at the end of its life. Personally...
  8. A

So its kind of funny but I'm not sure the dragonfly red is better than the LGV30 for me now... the thing is that the minimum volume on the dragonfly red is quite high with the headphones I'm using. When I do my best to volume match them, I have to turn the LGV30 way up and I realize it actually...
  9. A

Ok if not, depending on how this RMA process works I might be able to send you one in the future to tear down. I'm guessing I'll have to send it in and then theyll have to send it back to me first though
  10. A

Sorry to keep bringing up the CTH in this thread but thought I'd mention, I came home from work today and powered this thing on... and no sound. The tube is also not glowing anymore. Would be interested to see a teardown as well to see what kind of build quality / QA they seem to have.
  11. A

Cool. I've only had it for about a week. Sounds good to me! Especially classical music with big string sections seem like they have more air over my LGV30 or my Dragonfly red. I notice slightly more detail on jazz recordings that I'm very familiar with as well, like "Love Supreme" and "Art Meets...
  12. A

Just got one of these, there is a noticeable improvement in sound quality over my LGV30's DAC. Slightly better separation is the main thing I've noticed, along with slightly more detail retrieval. I wasn't expecting much improvement so I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm using it with a Massdrop...
  13. A

Yeah it looks like the Black version doesn't measure that well when you crank up the output. I never use the volume on the Red anywhere near max. Its quite a big step up from my LGV30 to my ears, which has a pretty nice DAC on paper as well. I have no experience with the Black version but I...
  14. A

I would highly recommend you look into the Dragonfly Red DAC/Amp from audioquest. https://www.audioquest.com/dacs/dragonfly/dragonfly-red Its incredibly convenient. Just get a USB-C to USB-A adapter, plug it into your Pixel's USB-C port and you are good to go. It sounds really really good and...
  15. A

iFi ieMatch Headphone Audio Optimizer

Haha thanks man! My headphones cost 725 so it should be improving the sound right?
  16. A

Cool. Yeah I got the cheaper one in the link below. I guess it shouldn't degrade the sound but I have no idea what I'm talking about.
  17. A

Also, wanted to say thanks as I almost bought a bifrost (with multibit!) before reading this site :)
  18. A

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L4CPF7U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The point of this seems to be to lower the sensitivity of your sensitive IEMs. If this works without reducing audio quality it would be awesome, so I could connect my IEMs to my desktop system. There is...
Top Bottom