Search results

1. E

Dayton iMM-6 vs miniDSP UMIK-1

Which USB to TRRS adaptor are you using? Is it on Amazon or Ebay?
  2. E

Dayton iMM-6 vs miniDSP UMIK-1

I was just about to provide some advice but then saw Solderdude pretty much state the same thing. The Dayton iMM-6 is dependent on the quad pole input electronics of the device (phone/tablet/laptop) and the device microphone settings in software. Whereas USB mics are all self contained. I...
  3. E

Subwoofer / Low Frequency Optimization

I've attached a set of measurements I made in January. Front 3 speakers are identical floor standing speakers, placed equidistant from the MLP. Each speaker's crossover point was adjusted and distance set, so were subs. Note how the subs alone produce a smoother response than adding additional...
  4. E

Yes. Distance for each sub on the AV processor creates the time delays. Well, I can confirm that it is not imaginary. And if you do some measurements, you will change your opinion. Just as a phase switch / dial on subs help the sub bass integrate with the main speakers bass at the crossover...
  5. E

In my experience, having multiple subs complicates things. The papers by Toole and Geddes are simplistic and don't translate well to real world measurements as implied by their recommendations. You can try REW Room Sim to experiment with their ideas in your own room. It's surprisingly close to...
  6. E

XLR output to RCA input done properly?

I'd like to add my 2c to this debate. I performed a comparative measurement from the same source, same cable to REW with my USB audio interface. The only difference was I had an XLR to RCA adapter on the XLR output of my high end surround processor (Classe` ). I played a digital test file and...
  7. E

Subwoofer Comparison

I have some non conforming advice on the matter of multiple subwoofers for the average Joe... Adding a second or 3rd subwoofer does not automatically resolve peaks and nulls. Adding additional subwoofers actually complicates getting a smooth frequency response, not simplifying it. To get a...
  8. E

Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Player Review

I don't recall that setting. Where is this feature?
  9. E

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

What is going on here? Why is impedance going from 122 Ohms upto 3kHz, then going NUTS! Could it be negative feedback trying to get a hold on things?
  10. E

Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Player Review

I own this player and for those who misunderstand it's purpose and benefits, let me explain: 1. It's primary benefit is its video processing features. Plus support for Dolby Vision, HDR10+ 2. Second benefit: dual HDMI benefits when you have either a projector; or if you have an AV...
Top Bottom