Search results

1. W

Is there any advantage of using balanced outputs to unbalanced inputs (preamp to amp)

Howdy, My Preamp has both balanced and unbalanced outputs to go to the amplifier. My amp has only unbalanced inputs on it. My question is… Is there any advantage in using my balanced outputs and using a converter cable to unbalanced RCA inputs to connect to the amp. Or is the same as going...
  2. W

Do I need to upgrade my amps?

Thank you all, I will check into the Emotiva. I will also send VTV an email asking a few questions about thermals, power inputs etc. Thank you! Jesse
  3. W

Howdy, A few updates and thoughts, I also need some advice. First Life got busy, I was able to take 4 of my Marantz Mono blocks out of the loop and hook up the Mivera 1200AS2 IcePower amp to the Acoustat Spectra 22’s. The speakers sound as good as they did with the Marantz mono blocks if not a...
  4. W

Howdy, I integrated the (2) M&K subs into the current system. Did the always fun bass crawl all over the room. A few hours later and my wife asking me WTF are you doing, and when will you be done with all the noise to many times to count. I believe the 2 extra subs have made a big difference in...
  5. W

Howdy, I have got a Mivera 1200AS2 IcePower amp on the way. I was able to get it second hand from a friend who needs some cash. So I figure I would give it a shot as a Class D amp. Then If I like the way it sounds. I would rethink my amp setup, most likely looking into multiple top end March...
  6. W

Howdy, I live in Wyoming so howdy is a standard greeting :) I have ordered the Umik-1, it should be here sometime next week. I do have a pair of M&K V-125 Sub-woofers that I can and will integrate into the mix this weekend. (just to see what it does sound wise to my ear). Then if I like the...
  7. W

I am off to find a Umik-1 to purchase. Thank you all again for the great information. I am so happy to have found this community. Jesse
  8. W

Howdy, The system is straight forward home theater system that I also listen to music with. I have a wife and 4 youngish kids. So, with kids and possible wife aggro. I cannot have super cool stuff out where it will get broke and be on display. So, I have my gear in an AV closet that is in a...
  9. W

Howdy, I have (2) SVS Subs that accompany the Spectra's I can list out the entire system in my next post. (I am at work so a bit slow on replies right now)
  10. W

Thank you all for the input! I appreciate all the help and opinions. Jesse
  11. W

Howdy, Hoping for a few recommendations. Or is what I am doing good enough! The speaker and amp combo sound great to me. But there is this itching in the back of my head saying if I get better amps I would get better sound. Here is the current setup. I use this setup for both Movies and Music...
Top Bottom