Search results

1. P

When did you last listen to live music

My mum still dancing at 85 reminds me of the big bands that played dances in her youth. She says there is nothing better than listening to the best music, and dancing together. That was in Fermoy Ireland in 60s. She was born in a more energetic generation than mine as those bands no longer...
  2. P

When did you last listen to live music

We went to 4 concerts this week as there has been a piano festival in the Royal Academy of Music. The ambience is very welcoming, small scale concert halls which allow senior staff and graduating students to play to the public. The programme was heavy on Birtwistle and Rachmaninoff with...
  3. P

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

How does it manage a power amplifier when set up as pre-amp? I use the dx3// as a headphone amplifier at the moment; I believe that in pre-amp mode the hp amp is not functioning. I am looking at buying IOTAVX PA3, which has 45w into 8ohms. I want to connect optical from TV, coax from...
  4. P

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I am using the dx3pro+ and the clicking while changing volume reassures me, probably because it was part of the stereo system years ago. I like the feedback on the knob. It’s a good sound through the Sundara not just the click I have a question. As a preamp, would it match well with an old AB...
  5. P

Is the Topping Mac Pro Compatible?

I have a MacBook Pro 2014 tried the DX3 Pro+ today as a dac. I find that 16 bit/44.1 files default to 32 bit/44.1 with an option to play at 24 bit/44.1 using Midi. Bitperfect is superior in that regard but crashes. Any advice on what to do?
  6. P

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Thanks for the recommendation on this thread, I have found it useful in choosing an amplifier given my tiny budget. I am waiting for Hifiman Sundara hp to arrive, and am thinking about an amplifier and dac/streamer to set up from my armchair. Spending money on a headphone is a new thing for me...
  7. P

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Talk Electronics amplifier, I like wave design that is part of that generation.
  8. P

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

I am really enjoying the dac with Squeezebox Touch with edo. I am getting 192khz from my aged streaming device. Every CD rip sounds good, and now I am able to play my few hi res downloads. I first tried to get the squeezebox to recognise the dac when I used separate data and power cables but...
  9. P

Audiophonics EVO-SABRE Balanced RPI DAC Review

Audiophonics have a download section with the instructions on the website, same page as the kit https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/
  10. P

Matrix Audio Element i USB DAC & Streamer Review

@MatrixAudio is element i gapless when I use dlna to stream from my server? Does the MA app pick up Minimserver Streams? Or is there another dlna server/app combination you recommend?
  11. P

TV & Music ... from the same speakers?

Something new for the current range of dac - both balanced and rca can be used as both are active, so for instance Gustard x16 will give you the output you want. i learned something new today!
  12. P

TV & Music ... from the same speakers?

Fifteen years ago I needed a dac that had connections for TV DVD and squeezebox Classic network player. The Cambridge audio Azur Dac magic is still going strong, connecting optical, coax and usb to the amplifier. The combination permits 2x optical, 2x coax or one of each. I’m still using it and...
  13. P

Mono amps connection question

Ok, if I had better, I wouldn't have asked for help. The connection shown on Amazon page has two inputs L+R into a mono amplifier. Is this for line level sub pre-outs? As for why I want to try mono power amplifiers? I think my description of a hack would cover the motivation; but this one won't...
  14. P

I found a review which tests the power output of the identical Fosi M03, at 8 ohms it reaches 54W before clipping.
  15. P

Hi, I'm clearly in need of a new hack so I have decided to connect two mono amps to my amplifier (on pre-amp L+R). The Aiyima A3001 looks exactly like Fosi mono but has TPA3255D2 chip. It comes with 32V 2.2A PSU for EU, and has binding posts for one speaker. I bought two...
  16. P

CD / SACD Player question

You are in luck! Pg 31 details all the music files which it can read on USB. DSF and DSDIFF can be read only on USB. Amazon reviews are mixed however, as it seems to be slow. Manual is on the link http://bit.ly/2oQvSJ2
  17. P

CD / SACD Player question

DSD can be recorded onto a pendrive using certain Blu-ray players. Look at audiophile-style website for details. If you get access to DSD in this way and have a dac capable of playing native DSD then you keep the signal intact, and have a hi Def recording. It's much more involved than just...
  18. P

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

The scientific assessment method makes one change at a time. You have a good class A amplifier in a system optimised for it, and the class D doesn't match apparently. Is this a fault of the amplifier or does class D need a matched system?
  19. P

Powered full range monitor as center channel from MX3 "sub" out?

I have been decorating the living room, we found damp issues. We need to allow plaster to dry, and we can't use the room for a few more weeks. Our set up has a great sound, I love big orchestral works, chamber pieces, soprano. I miss my music especially as I have not been able to get to any...
  20. P

Powered full range monitor as center channel from MX3 "sub" out?

Back to your original topic, you can wire your active sub and neumi speakers into the topping speaker posts. Then you can set the crossover to suit your music or film.
Top Bottom