Search results

1. C

Avantone CLA-10 (Yamaha NS-10M Clone) Review

I don't think I have ever heard a recording/mixing/mastering engineer say they used NS10's for their accuracy, Most actually say they sound like crap. But they have to produce music that sounds good on everything and that's where the NS10's come in. Bluetooth speakers, car systems etc. They have...
  2. C

Bluesound Powernode Streaming Amplifier Review

This is the original version. The new version is the Powernode 2 and says so on the back panel.
  3. C

Bluesound Powernode Streaming Amplifier Review

It's a lifestyle product. Performance is more than adequate for that application IMO.
  4. C

NAD CS1 Network Streamer Review

Sure. In my garage, bedroom, pool etc I don't need a high end streamer. But I want RAAT so they can all be synced.
  5. C

Peachtree amp500 Amplifier Review

As the owner of an amp500, I had a little anxiety when I saw amirm measured it. Am completely happy with it but poor performance would sit in the back of my head. Nice to see I can continue enjoying the amp. I will admit that the looks played a strong factor in my keeping it. Aesthetics and user...
  6. C

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

Was mildly interested until I saw where they were made.
  7. C

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Sorry already gave it away.
  8. C

Yes. It's just a RPi4 at that point. Display wont work.
  9. C

I wasn't using the Boss2. Couldn't get DSD working with Roon. And I needed a RPi which were hard to find.
  10. C

I actually gutted my Allo Boss2 for the RPi.
  11. C

Argon Audio

Roon, DLNA and Chromecast. Yes please. Unfortunately, I'm in the US. Any plans to sell to the US?
  12. C

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

Is the performance mediocre or sufficient for the product? The high price isn't some sort of lure. If it was a quarter of the price, I would own it but that more an issue of my finances. But fair enough
  13. C

Uniti Atom has the holy grail of features for me. Both Roon and Chromecast built in. That is very rare unfortunately.
  14. C

Did anyone think an all-in-one lifestyle product was going to be a measurement monster? I don't own a Unity Atom but I have used one and noticed nothing negative with the sound. While expensive for a lifestyle product, the user experience is second to none IMO and I would happily own if it was...
  15. C

Octave Music Don Grusin High Resolution Music Analysis (Video)

Since I was critical of Amir on the youtube channel of this review, I decided to show the results of a couple of tests I ran to see whether or not the ultrasonic noise was filtered out on my devices. First image is the track Reptile from The Church's Starfish SACD from my Sony BDP-S590 analog...
  16. C

MoFi MM cartridges - AT generators, with an aluminium body wrapped around them?

There is nothing insidious with subcontracting AT to make cartridges to your spec. Calling it "re-badging" is disingenuous. No one makes everything. Nagaoka makes like 90% of the stylus's used by cart manufactures.
  17. C

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

Already cancelled. I also sub to Qobuz and Amazon. Was waiting for Spotify to go lossless to dump Amazon. Ended dumping Spotify.
  18. C

Recommendation for an analog equalizer.

I would go with the Schiit Lokius over the Loki. The Loki's bass control is too wide IMO and causes everything to sound tubby when turned up.
  19. C

Anyone able to get DSD from Roon to work? Mine shows it's receiving DSD but's no sound. Also, what filter settings are you using?
  20. C

LMS has a Spotify plugin that, among other things, adds Spotify Connect. I can stream to my Allo Boos 2 with the Spotify app on my android phone.
Top Bottom