Search results

1. Z

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Doesn't work properly. I connect using a set of IFi leads (4.4mm jack to twin XLRs).
  2. Z

Just because they say it can work that way doesn't mean that it does. I have one and never got it to work that way - same problem as the OP. Mine always works balanced all the way through from the player in Pre=>Low mode balanced output via a 4.4mm jack.
  3. Z

It can't convert RCA to balanced that's not how it works. You need balance all the way down the chain from the source player/ streamer to the Pre amp and then onto the main amps. A player may have a balanced 4.4mm jack or XLR's - but if its just phono then you need to stay with that all the way...
  4. Z

Any 4499Ex DACs you recommend that I can use with a Flash card reader?

I thing the smartphone + DAC is the way I am going. Looking at the Samsung Galaxy 21 with Android 14/ bit perfect output + good DAC
  5. Z

Do DAPs have internal memory you can copy stuff to - i didn't know.
  6. Z

Any recommendation on the best bit-perfect software playback?
  7. Z

OK I will try that - also it does run cooler if not streaming, i.e. just running from the flash card.
  8. Z

And would I be able to MQA files through to the DAC for decoding?
  9. Z

So can i hook up a tablet via USB to a DAC's usb - will that work?
  10. Z

Gets to way too hot when charging at the same time as playing.
  11. Z

I came across the Cayin iDAP-6 which can accept a USB hard drive/ flash card and gives a digital output to a DAC - I wonder if that would work? https://en.cayin.cn/features/7/59/196.html Yes that's the one + it has a swapped DAC board with dual 4497's
  12. Z

Any other DAP players that are main powered with an SD clot that I could connect to the DAC ?
  13. Z

Are there any Raspberry PI's available that are prebuilt/ off the shelve that could do the job? Just not keen to get stuck into some new avenue of tech if I don't have to.
  14. Z

A topic that got thrashed to death elsewhere - can anyone answer the topics question about playing SDcards through a DAC USB port?
  15. Z

I don't like streamers at all because of the sluggish response/ reliability/ drop out/ EMF/ ongoing cost issues, amongst others. At the moment I am using a Cayan N6 with dual 4497 DACs, and running with a flash card micro SD plugged in with all my music loaded on it in folders. Using UApp with...
  16. Z

Gustard A26 DAC & Streamer Review

I don't stream music from a service but play it from memory card - can I use this Gustard A26 with a USB hard drive plugged-in into the USB port? Or would I also need some other form of player.
  17. Z

When bass distortion is removed you also lose energy in the bass and that manifests itself as a leaner bass sound. Probably more a speaker short coming you are hearing now.
  18. Z

Well, Amir was right on this one! Replacing the onboard pre-amp on my Cayin N6ii - straight out of the box the clarity is amazing especially the upper/mid bass. So clean and punchy.
  19. Z

Celuaris SPK5 Purifi Review spillover

It said they were all driven with plate amps, so they are not Purifi PR's
  20. Z

Celuaris SPK5 Purifi Review (speaker)

Thanks! Seems to have no difficulty keeping up with the ribbon at sane listening levels at least, it is after all a 400W driver than reportedly exceeds 100dB. It makes the ribbon sound like its running its full range while other drivers seem to eat into/ muddy up the bottom 20% of the ribbon...
Top Bottom