Search results

1. H

Which multichannel music upmixer do you like ?

Yes. I use Penteo a lot and have upmixed over 400 albums and some concerts too. Results can vary from spectacular to ordinary but most sound great. The surround mix is heavily influenced by the stereo mix, its width and panning. If the stereo mix sounds wide Penteo sounds more discrete. I upmix...
  2. H

Need NC1200 owners input

I recently took delivery of two NC1200 amps built by a local guy here. One is stereo with two SMPS 1200 power supplies with input buffers/Sparkos OpAmps and the other a Tri-channel with two SMPS 1200 power supplies (one Stereo pair share one supply). Both are in similar aluminium chassis with...
  3. H

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

I presume the 8500 amp SINAD was measured in stereo only. Since this AVR would be used in a multichannel system, probably with at least 9 amplifiers (5.1.4) in use, it would be interesting to see if there’s much change.
  4. H

Buckeye 6 Channel Amplifier Review

Thanks for doing this review. I am considering HypeX Ncore 502MP vs 252MP. Advice sought: My system: I currently have 7.2.4 system primarily used for multichannel music listening (SACD, DVD Audio, Blu-ray Audio, R2R etc). I currently use a Denon AVR-X7200WA for decoding/preamp via 5 analog...
  5. H

How shall I resolve my ambiguity towards my Purifi amp?

My first post after lurking here for a while. May I suggest rolling your OpAmps from Sparkos 3602 to 2590? Ive just purchased a stereo NC1200 amp and went for the Sparkos 2590 after much web surfing. It seems the 2590 tames the high frequency issue. This was important to me as I have two B&W...
Top Bottom