Search results

1. T

volume setting?

Thank you gents! Schucks.. Just spent funds to refurbish an Adcom GFP750. Setting the volume of the DAC @ 0dbr is same as to 100? Any harm if the L/R meter bar hit the far right during loud passages?
  2. T

volume setting?

Hi folks, How do I go about setting the volume of individual units in the chain? I have headphone amps/integrated amps/dacs/preamps all with volume control. Many thanks in advance. ting
  3. T

rmi dac blinking red?

Just got back from my trip. The replacement ADI2 was waiting at the front desk. I was super suprised that they sent me a brand new unit/in box shrink wrapped with all accessories instead of a refurbished unit. I was explicit in my correspondence with them that I had erroneously plugged in a...
  4. T

rmi dac blinking red?

Hi folks, wanna give u guys an update. I wrote rmi and they gave me a rma number to send unit to fort Lauderdale. They asked if the unit were purchased here in the us. I told them I wasn't sure as I'm the 2nd owner. In any event got an email yesterday they sent out a replacement t unit...
  5. T

oppo 205

hey folks, A headsup my co worker/friend is going to sell his oppo 205. we both got one from the very last batch.. Rec'd from oppo early October. He only play one DVD on it.. He wants $2000 ting
  6. T

rmi dac blinking red?

I know what I did.. I plugged in a notebook (i think) power supply. Its 24v @ 5amps as opposed to 12v @ 2amp
  7. T

rmi dac blinking red?

Good morning, It never occur to me (until now) that I need to use the power supply that came with the unit. I thought if the pin connector fits it should be good. I have 5 or 6 different units with the same pin connectors. As to which power supply cause the damage, i hve no idea.. I've tried...
  8. T

rmi dac blinking red?

Thank you Don. ya.. i unplugged power supply from strip... no go.
  9. T

rmi dac blinking red?

Hey folks, while cleaning my desk and relocating my equipment, i accidently plugged in a wrong power supply to the RMI 2dac. Now the unit wont turn on and the power button is blinking red. Can find any info on the web/manual. Anyone have a clue? many thanks, ting
  10. T

Visiting New Orleans next week - any ideas

Acme Oyster house...if you wanna splurge, Commanders Palace and of course you cannot visit Nola and not go to Cafe du monde for chicory coffee and beignets!
  11. T

Visiting New York , recommendations?

Omg, so much to see/do/eat, etc in NYC. Definitely Chelsea market if near the HighLine.. Los Tacos is fantastic. Mario Battalli's Eatily for all things Italian. In the neighborhood, If dining on company expense, avoid Moritimoto or Del Pasto however 11 Madison is fantastic. For breakfast/lunch...
  12. T

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Hey guys, Any harm using both the balanced and RCA out ports on the ADI at the same time? It seems to be OK.. i have 2 amps playing at the same time. tkx
  13. T

Where should I adjust the volume?

re: IFI black label volume knob. I was told by IFI to set the imatch underneath so the volume knob is @ 12 oclock or higher.
  14. T

Trump China Taxes Have Hit?

I get hit with 'duty' automatically when items shipped via Fedex or DHL from Europe and the Far east. I've never had to pay duty when packages shipped via EMS.
  15. T

Sony’s new $7,900 player (DMP-Z1)

Haha.. My first computer was the Commodore 16. The Atari was too expensive
  16. T

stepup tansformer

I got it sorted out. The modder assumed I might be running 2 or 3 amps at the same time.. I just need to becareful not to turn everything on at the same time. I ordered the 1000w Seyas which Blumlien kindly researched for me. many thanks, ting
  17. T

stepup tansformer

I just purchased a super modified Littledot VI+ coming in and its in european 220 or 230. Another tube amp coming in from Massdrop is 230 I was recommended to get a +3000w. Step up/down to our current (Florida). I looked at this...
  18. T

stepup tansformer

Hey folks, can anyone recommend a good 3000w or more step up/down transformer? Read some reviews on Amazon re things blowing up, etc. Please & thanks, Ting
  19. T

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Theres a used ifi xdsd micro black label for sale over at Head-fi for $333
Top Bottom