Search results

1. YARE

Anything better than Audient ID14 MKII but less than $1000?

I'm on the same side as OP. Recently I have ordered the Antelope Zen Q and after 2 hours I returned it back because of bad software. I do care a lot about DAC Performance because of my audiophile background. Right now I have also ordered the Audient ID44 MKII because of it's overall technical...
  2. YARE

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

I've listened and used Neumann's, Genelec, ATC's, B&W in the past as mixing monitors in different studios but for sure these have other dimensionly big Soundstage. It feels like a benchmark in Soundstage, an HD800 in Speaker form. They are kind of harsh out of box but once DSP'd (through REW or...
  3. YARE

That's not really objective. All I can say is that Frequency Response is something that you need to adapt and get used to (as I can say about my multiple system where I mixed and mastered through). You can tune down the tweeter or use DSP (SonarWorks) to flatten that curve. Also the in room...
  4. YARE

A true 104dB SPL Chad Enjoyer lmao
  5. YARE

Nobody was asking about the Alpha 80. "that comment says 65 for me", you can edit btw. It was definitely a typo.
  6. YARE

Yes but the second unit isn't an Alpha 80.
  7. YARE

There "will be" a test if someone sends him a unit or simply buys him one, else you won't see any Alpha 80 Evo's tested.
  8. YARE

Used the KH120 and the Alpha 50's. I do not agree, I really don't get your comment.
  9. YARE

You could use Sonarworks for Room correction, this would basically fix your problem.
  10. YARE

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I mainly use the Focal Elegia and the DT1990 as backup. My DT1770's just died about a year ago (didn't really liked them, but it's still sad). As far as IEMs goes I use my Moondrop Starlight, AirPods Pro & Galaxy Buds+. I can't really use anything that's tuned in the Harman way since I've...
  11. YARE

You are the receiving end, you don't work like a Klippel. I have never said anything against the things that you've written and listed. Personal Prefrence is subjective so you decide where you set your importance in measurements (directivity, distortion, frequency response, ..) and through...
  12. YARE

Some people aren't listening to sound, they are listening rather to measurements that they clearly lack to read. The preference score is not intended for nearfield listening and also everybody got their own preference (curve). As much as I love audio science at the end the preference is rather...
  13. YARE

damn that was a good read LOL
  14. YARE

For 349€ this Speaker is bang for buck. The tweeter distortion is really strange, I would like to hear what the Focal Engineers is saying about this issue.
  15. YARE

What are we listening to right now..

Nothing beats Sun Ra right now. I'm deeply into his music.
  16. YARE

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Would be nice to see the Focal Alpha 50 Evo. I would like to see how the cheap Focals perform! :)