Search results

1. M

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Wow, just wow, thank you so much! Completely taken aback by that in-depth answer. I'll give this a go later tonight, very excited to try it out!
  2. M

It doesn't come off as unhelpful but I didn't even understand that those values were meant for the LCD-2Cs and that the point of your reply was that I try myself. Didn't even understand that those were specific values to enter.
  3. M

Yes you're right, I definitely need to RTFM. Just thought it would be fun to A/B-test an EQ setting since I've never used it before! This is excellent, thank you! That's fair enough, I didn't mean to imply that someone else would do it for me. As a complete noob it's just easier to start...
  4. M

I find it a bit overwhelming to try and dial these settings in myself since I'm not really sure what they do. I would rather have a "measured" starting point and go from there I think. In my search for EQ settings, is there anyway I can determine if 5 parameters is "enough"? The ones I've seen...
  5. M

Hello, I got the RME ADI-2 DAC FS last week and I've really been enjoying the unit paired with my Audeze LCD-2C. I've been wanting to try the EQ but I'm a bit unsure on how to set it up. I've never used any EQ settings before and literally have no idea what to do :D I've understood that...
  6. M

Help with picking AMP/DAC for LCD-2C

Nevermind, I'm an idiot :) Got the Wasapi plugin for Foobar and now it works. Man what a great sound, dunno how it could improve at this point. Listening to Muddy Waters - Folk Singer and wooow. Thanks again!
  7. M

Oh I see, that makes sense. It does sound good :D Another question, which I've seen in a lot of different threads after googling, is about sample rate. I installed drivers from RME's website after reading the manual but later read that they're not needed for detecting sample rate automatically...
  8. M

I ended up getting the RME. The idea of having an all-in-one unit with DSP was very tempting. So far I think it sounds great. I just set it up an hour ago and haven't done any settings at all yet. I could instantly hear a big difference in sound which I think comes down to the DAC. Very happy...
  9. M

So it shouldn't be anything to worry about? I did replace the tubes about a year ago and it hasn't been used that much.
  10. M

Yeah it seems to drive them well in terms of power. I am a bit concerned because I hear fairly loud pops in the headphones when I power the amp on. If I disconnect the 6,3mm before powering the amp I hear a high pitched ringing noise when I plug in the headphones instead. This only happens when...
  11. M

Thank you all, really appreciate the input! I'm currently using an X-can V8 that I mainly used with my HD650. I'm running its internal DAC as well which is quite old at this point and I've read that it's not the best performer. I've also heard that tubes and planars do not really go together...
  12. M

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! Happy to hear that it seems like I've found some good alternatives. Do you think there would be a big difference in sound with these 3 combos? I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash if it justifies a difference in sound quality.
  13. M

Hello, New member here, been lurking around for the past few days trying to find a good setup for my LCD-2Cs. I hope this is the right place to post :) I've only recently discovered this forum and find it refreshing to move past what "feels" right to a more measured approach. The former is...
Top Bottom