Search results

1. S

Headphone Recommendation

Sorry to derail... I notice you ask about ear size; I have huge ears and frequently have to take a break when listening. Also my ear canals don't fit earbuds very well (I like the foam plug style on ERSE2's though). What are some comfy cans for big ear people like me?
  2. S

What is a nice tea to drink?

My personal preference is no, I'm clumsy and would burn myself.
  3. S

What is a nice tea to drink?

Summer time I like cold brew, especially greens. Jasmine green tea is a personal favorite. Harney has a good affordable Jasmine, and their Black Currant tea is good brewed this way too. While not technically tea, 'Fruit Blends' are also really good this way, recently had Indigo Tea's 'Red...
  4. S

Small DIY speaker recommendations

Right :facepalm: Where is my head at?
  5. S

I don't see that? Yeah they are clearanced at PE for 15/pc right now; but they are also available direct from Eminence at 25/pc.
  6. S

Matt Grant recently designed the VBS10 which looks about right.
  7. S

DIYSG HTM-12v2 Review

Hi Matt, Did you settle on a preferred solution for dampening the surround issue at 200-400 Hz? Or is the crossover solution the recommended approach?
  8. S

Rockwool and breathing and alternative or help

Has anyone tried out the recycled cotton stuff for bass absorbers? This 'bass buster' stuff claims a .95 absorption coefficient at 125 hz. I guess I have no proof available saying that's safer, but I would think so unless the fire retardants are a problem...
  9. S

Budget subwoofer options, DIY or wait...

Oh how I wish we had a couple Marty CEA tests in there. If I ever build I'll have to ship one to Erin.
  10. S

Do any Speakers emulate the 90s Acoustic Research 'Holographic' Upward Tilted Woofer but Horizontal Tweeter?

In Jeff Bagby's Kairos, the whole baffle is slanted for phase and time allignment. I wonder how much that has to do with the imaging you folks seem to be hearing. Granted that means the woofer and tweeter are parallel which isn't quite what you guys are talking about.
  11. S

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Not dumb at all. This is something known as a 'power amp' which boosts the signal a fixed amount (and delivers as much power as required). It requires a preamp to feed the leveled signal which determines volume or loudness. Some of the topping DACs include a digital preamp which would adjust...
  12. S

JBL 4309 Review (Speaker)

I recall some on ASR didn't react super positively to the HTM12 when it was posted, but I think its worth a second look next to this. If you include the woofer resonance fixes which Matt has been investigating, I think the HTM-12 has more to offer. Comparable-Improved response linearity...
  13. S

DIYSG HTM-12v2 Review

Over on AVSforum, the designer seems to have isolated the issues ~200 hz and 400 hz to a resonance in the surround. Dampening the surround with something like paracord seems to be something that helps. He seems to be working on a permanent fix but the results show most major issues here can be...
  14. S

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Is there a straightforward way to add DSP to these units? I'd love to turn a 4 CH NC502MP unit into a clean 2.2 setup. Use the DSP to setup the sub crossover, time allign, and EQ. If not I'll have to take a close look at the MiniDSP offerings like the SHD.
  15. S

Solstice MLTL Measurements

I'm planning to do room treatment first. Planning on buying 'Bass Eliminator' from a place in the twin cities called Acoustic Geometry. Its 4" bonded accoustic cotton that I'll stuff into 4" panels in every corner I can manage. I'm planning 2" panels at first reflections and hoping that's...
  16. S

Great! Now I just need for everything in my life to align the next time PE has stock available. Bonus points for beating out speakers auditioned in a highly treated room.
  17. S

Thanks for posting. Solstice is near the top of my list for my eventual 2 ch music/gaming setup. Room is small making subs unlikely, so the footprint and F3 are super appealing on this. I'd love to hear impressions when you finish.
Top Bottom