Search results

1. K

Dynaudio Heritage Special

Excellent question. I personally think it was my house cleaner using vinegar and water on them - not sure though. I will need to kindly make it clear that i will be cleaning those personally. :)
  2. K

I am running my heritage specials through an ATOLL IN300 at well. It's a nice amp. Well done. I had a chance to demo a Benchmark LA4 pre and put it in front if the IN300 - it elevates the outcome even further with a bit clearer, articulate pre amplification, and improved timing. I had to...
  3. K

I have Heritage Special number 182. I can't see myself replacing them. They've been great. One of the speakers (clear coat) finishes is starting to dry up and deteriorate on the top. Does anyone know what I should treat it with to restore lacquer or finish. I want to be careful not to...
  4. K

Minidsp advice needed.....

Rick- What did you end up buying for DIRAC with good sub support?
  5. K

Abdo, How does one account for jitter, timing, and other elements. What are all these DAC companies doing with their large circuit boards, capacitors, oscillators, and the like (see Denfrips Terminator) -while others are small headphone USB sticks Audioquest, with a small chip inside etc. +...
  6. K

Ha. I sincerely appreciate this conversation. (i was not expecting that analogy abdo, made me chuckle TY) I am conveying what my ears hear as a data point in this conversion, not to disagree with the science provided - but as an element that is confusing me. I plug in my qutest, it sounds...
  7. K

I appreciate the insight/viewpoint. i want to subscribe to that line of thinking - and just buy the C658... (still may do that) ....what confuses me is the qutest sounds significantly better than the DAC on my NODE 2i, mobile phone (LG V30) etc. Seemingly credible audio reviewers like Hans...
  8. K

Thanks for the input. I wouldn't bypass my sub ... it would be part of the dirac shaped signal that is going to my integrated. Minddsp to qutest to int amp which will have both my mains and sub connected. Therefore the sig would be shaping the sub but not as a discrete configurable...
  9. K

Very interesting thoughts. Thank you. My concern would be the sq drop, sound sig change from qutest to nad. Qutest sounds pretty dam good, has an analog flavour to the sound ... would the NAD or SHD (non studio) really sound just as good? (Possible) It begs the possible lightening rod...
  10. K

All....any further advice/comments on Shd - vs -shd studio with qutest with blended room correction. I am close to buying studio as i want retain qutest .... Question: Does anyone foresee a poor experience using studio, keeping sub on amp preeouts and utilizing dirac on L/R (no dedicated...
  11. K

Ok. I assume that is because the shd dac is that good (measures well based on amirm review). Based on your experience using shd? Interesting....
  12. K

Good point. The suitable locations for the subwoofer are very small aesthetically (yes i am making some compromises for layout). I currently have it in the corner underneath and just to the left of the left speaker. I will experiment in moving it underneath or in between my mains to see if...
  13. K

Hi...new to the forum. Enjoying the contributions. I have built a small second system for my office. Small room, 8x11, with concrete behind one wall backing onto my garage. Lots of bad reflections. 2.1 channel system purchased in the last 2 months playing tidal and internet radio...
Top Bottom