Search results

1. G

Audio Control Rialto 600 Review (DAC & Amplifier)

Audio Control used Hypex UCD250LP modules for this design, I believe they are good class-d modules. These are fairly cheap modules today, but not when the amplifier was brought to market. I wonder if the modules weren't placed too close in the enclosure causing the higher distortion figures. The...
  2. G

Earmen Sparrow Review (Portable DAC & Amp)

Hi Amir - I own both the Sparrow and an Audio Control Rialto 600. Although these are completely different products, I don't understand the conclusions you ended up with based on distortion. Both products had higher than desirable distortion, but the Sparrow was forgiven on this based on its...
  3. G

Thanks for confirming. I was able to do some A-B comparing with a Hegel integrated amplifier on loan was just amazed at the difference. Back to class-AB for me.
  4. G

Wondering if you find that turning the Accubass off has any impact on the distortion and noise figures previously posted. It is weird that the Niles amplifier tested on ASR was significantly better. It uses the same Hypex UcD250lp modules as the Rialto. Maybe the larger internal space in the...
  5. G

My understanding is that this model, the Rialto 400 and Bijou 600 are all based on the same internal design. They use Hypes UcD250LP Class-D modules along with an Audiocontrol proprietary analog tracking power supply. Reading this review raised some concerns to me, but I have been happily using...
  6. G

Magnepans and Amplifier Current

That’s a decent comparison, thx. The Rialto’s use two UCD250LP’s and should be good for 200W into 4ohm all day. I use it with Dynaudio Contour Sr’s now which are also 4 ohm and It doesn’t break a sweat. Seems to perform much better then the ICE powered Wyred4Sound mINT I had before. I’ll look...
  7. G

Has anyone had any success using Hypex UCD based modules with Magnepan MC1's? Probably an odd-ball combination, but I'd like to buy a set of MC1's to use with my Audio Control Rialto 600 zone amplifier. I have a decent subwoofer to supply the low end and the Rialto can be setup to filter off...
  8. G

By the way, hello everyone and glad to be a new member of ASR. The thread has been an especially good read for me. I previously owned a pair of MMG's, MG12's and MG1.6's. Used a Sunfire 2-channel amp on those for a few years and then got out of the whole high power thing. The MMG's were the only...
  9. G

Found it, review starts on page 50. I was a little off on it doubling though, apparently RF underrated the amp at 200W per channel so it looked like it would double and then some with that rating. I owned one of these many years ago and even with the specs it has, the amp was built incredibly...
  10. G

I can't find the archived Stereo Review article online anymore so not sure where it ran out of power. I also remember it blowing fuses when pushed into low impedance loads too. Both Rockford Fosgate (purchased Hafler) and Soundstream, mainly car audio companies took an adventure into home audio...
  11. G

Do any of you remember the Hafler JF2000 (aka Rockford Fosgate RF2000)? This was another amp that could double down. Julian Hirsch with Stereo Review at that time had a similar testing experience where the amp ran out of input power trying to achieve 1KW+ output power into a 1ohm load.
Top Bottom