Search results

1. C

AXPONA 2017: MartinLogan Impression Speakers, Bel Canto, Cardas Audio, Stillpoints

I had Quests and ReQuests as well as CLS 1A and Odysseys , They all were different.. I also used Krell and still do. At the time I had a FPB300c and KPS25sc.. Power is needed for the CLS.. ReQuests I rebuilt to look like Odyssey and the Odyssey were damn good as I just sold them for Wilson's I...
  2. C

AXPONA 2017: Pass Labs

I brought my depends and preparation H .. Issue was I get them confused with my toothpaste ,well,,,,, My teeth are shrinking!:rolleyes:
  3. C

AXPONA 2017: MartinLogan Impression Speakers, Bel Canto, Cardas Audio, Stillpoints

Having owned several pairs of ML they MOST definitely need 72 inches from rear wall to do their thing,. Its a timing rear wave thing.
  4. C

Mikey Fremer has a new sweet heart!

$25 K .. The speaker it replaced was the Sophia that started at 12k in version 1 then went up to 15 k in 2 then 20k in 3 .. 1 and 2 are no diff.. but x over changes.. 3 was deeper bass. it hit 20 hz at $20 k plus.. That being said the 1 was special as it was easiest to drive and has a mid range...
  5. C

Mikey Fremer has a new sweet heart!

Wilson can be a acquired taste.. That being said I was not always a Wilson guy.. Many ESL and other dynamic speakers.. However; When you hear them done right its instant addiction.. The smaller Yvette does well .. You do need a big room for the larger brethren but they don't always step up in...
  6. C

AXPONA 2017: Channel D, Vandersteen Speakers

I have a set of 2ce and theses did not blow me away ! Then again I came in from the MBL room so it may have been that !
  7. C

AXPONA 2017: Pass Labs

I sat in there and drooled for a bit !
  8. C

Really bad choice of music and speaker set up ! Come on ML step it up !
  9. C

AXPONA 2017: Odyssey, Magnan Cables, VPI Turntable, Symphonic Line

A great guy with great products that perform above their price point.. The room was spooky with Santana playing and that wide speaker set up.. I actually turned my head around to look for a rear speaker.. It was surreal and I'm sure the wide speakers near walls threw that first reflection out...
  10. C

AXPONA 2017: Planter Speakers

Great guys , had dinner one night by hap hazard chance.. Good product but a bit on the upper end side for outdoor background speakers.. I dont mean they are not worth it , its just OUTDOOR speakers !
  11. C

AXPONA 2017: Kubala Sosna Elation, Mola Mola and Kaluga, YG Acoustics Carmel 2

these were the easiest of the YG to listen to.. The bigger ones were a tad bright to me
  12. C

AXPONA 2017: Joseph Audio, Jeff Rowland Audio, Cardas Audio Cables

very detailed and easy to listen to.. IIRC they had Hugh Mesakelah on RTR
  13. C

AXPONA 2017: Scaena Speakers

Ok I have to confess.. I don't always fallow the norm.. I was a bit of a rouge and lest just say My self and a partner in my shenanigans magically got into this room at midnight and had our own listening session for a good 40 min alone and we were able to play what ever they had on their server...
  14. C

AXPONA 2017: MBL Speakers and Electronics, United Home Audio (UHA) Reel to Reel, Kyomi Audio

Big room helped but still sounded great.. Id have to have a cover as I find them UGLY to look at !
  15. C

AXPONA 2017: Revel Speakers, Mark Levinson

Better than the big room which I felt was to close.. They disappeared well but still a tad in your face in the mids
  16. C

AXPONA 2017: Mytek DACs, Bob Carver

I never heard them and have had two pairs of BOB's iterations and these were by far better.. They would be great for a large parlor when having a party.. Nothing in great detail but nothing real bad !
  17. C

AXPONA 2017: McIntosh Labs, MartinLogan, AudioQuest, Sonus Faber, Solid Tech, Aurender

I was less than impressed with concert level demos.. I have owned 5 pair of ML and these definitely throw a huge stage but were blurred and bass was to boomey and over powering in my ears !
  18. C

AXPONA 2017: Hegel Amplifier, CD, DAC, KEF Blade 2 and LS 50 Speakers

I to was let down with these and was really hearing good things.. Having said that They were in a MI dealer here and in a big room and received many praises.. I did not get to hear them there so maybe room !
  19. C

AXPONA 2017: Doshi Audio, dCS Rossini DAC & Clock, Wilson Yvette Speakers, Brinkmann, Transparent

Owning the Sophia I really do like the Yvette . Its a warm does everything well .. Unlike some of the bigger brothers who throw a wall of sound ten feet tall.. I really enjoyed this room. Daryl Wilson hit a Home run as lead designer on these !
  20. C

AXPONA 2017: Salk Signature Sound, Wells Audio, EXOGAL, Gingko Audio, Danacable

I enjoyed the snot out of the Exotica speakers.. Priced well for the Drivers they use.. Jims local .. Now those Sono Tube speaker spike holders.. HMMM
Top Bottom