Search results

1. AML

Topping estats amp EHA5 (details updated)

Really want to get this, but want to make sure all Estat headphones will work, like Jade II's for example.
  2. AML

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Just noticed the trend to remove MQA functionality from DACs, like the new topping D90LE
  3. AML

It depends on your source. Are you using USB from a PC? Then files would need to be MQA. Streaming via blutooth? Should work automatically. Personally I got some MQA files and play them via foobar on my PC. DAC sees them and changes accordingly. Ill be honest though, MQA is dying out, and you...
  4. AML

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

I had these for a while, but found them to be too veiled for my taste. Good mids though. I replaced them with Focal Clears (non MG) which have better sound stage and clarity but still maintain that intimacy of the HD660s and great mids.
  5. AML

Topping HS01: Useful device or snake oil?

I was using a 2m USB cable, now im using 2X1m, with the HS01 in the middle away from both the PC and DAC. On another note, I noticed it gets warm to the touch, so probably best to keep it in a ventilated area.
  6. AML

I actually replaced the included USB cable with a better one. But yeah, they could have made it like the iFi one and had it plug directly into the USB port. There is one other option, and that would be the much more expensive U90 USB Bridge from Topping.
  7. AML

Topping U90 (USB DDC) and HS-01 (USB filter)

Ill just add my 2cents, and confirm that the HS01 worked for me in eliminating ground loop noises during intensive GPU gaming sessions. My PC has an Nvidia 3090 which uses a lot of power, and when the GPU is active (during gaming) it was causing ground loop noise to go though (D90se) It seems...
  8. AML

After testing with the D90se/SA1/A90, and running some GPU intensive games, I can confirm it works at removing unwanted ground loop noises. all the buzzing and crackling is gone. Im sure there are some cheaper options out there, but I like topping and it works!
  9. AML

I started (oddly, this didn't happen before. Not sure why it started) having issues going from my PC with a 3090, to my topping D90se. Whenever I start playing games I get buzzing from what must be ground loop issues. Since Im using a topping dac and amp (A90) I thought I might as well try this...
  10. AML

Burson Soloist 3XP Review (Headphone Amp)

Ill stick to my SA1 and A90.
  11. AML

The future of consumer DACs - What would YOU like to see the most?

For me definately a better dac for AV receivers. They always get bad reiews when compared to headphone dacs/amps. So I would really love a good 7.1 USB dac to go between my PC and my AV Amp.
  12. AML

DAC -Time to upgrade? Will I hear a difference.

Anything in ASR's top 10 is good, with no audible difference. I personally have a topping D90se, and Gustard X16, both great dacs. I don't really need two, but its nice to have something different. If I had to pick one, probably the D90se, since its currently THE best measuring dac. You could...
  13. AML

What's an upgrade for Hd660s actually worth doing?

If you are willing to spend over $1000 then definately try out the HD800S, The Hifiman Aryas, and the Focal Clear (non mg have better reviews). If you want more bass then you could try Audeze LCDX
  14. AML

What's an upgrade for Hd660s actually worth doing?

the 660s was one of my first headphones, but I always found them to be dark and even veiled. They just werent for me. I did give them a chance. I listened to them exclusively for a few months. But then I went to a sennheiser show room and tried the HD800S, and was instantly hooked. I sold my...
  15. AML

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Disappointing, but it is an older dac now. I wonder how long the D90SE will stay on top? Maybe till AKM eventually launch new chips?
  16. AML

Reached my Dac/Amp end game! D90se/A90 sound great together. The only issue im having is I cant get DSD to work. Followed all the instructions/installed the included components with the driver, but still wont play DSD files on Foobar. And thank you for making a decent looking box! Singxer...
  17. AML

AKM adds information on Status of various products online...

hope to see some killer dac chips from AKM in the next year or two. In the mean time, Sabre must be raking in the cash! Stonks!
  18. AML

I got it for 81.000 yen during the prime sale (including shipping and tax) ($730)
  19. AML

Prime sale. I got it too.
  20. AML

Amazon says July 10th to 26th but Topping says 6 to 10 days. So far my other stuff came pretty quick! Shouldn't be more than a week.
Top Bottom