Search results

1. J

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Yes, I can cycle through each HRIR to hear all the differences between them. Also, I've packed up the SMSL SH-8s and now solely using the Topping A90 with the Bifrost 2 for gaming and music. So all is done. :)
  2. J

I'm using the VB Cable driver but not the Ks repeater one. Everything works perfectly. If I'm playing a modern game with a 5.1/7.1/Atmos content/signal, it should work fine right? I hope I didn't miss something.
  3. J

I took your advice and tried HeSuVi for EQ APO. It works flawlessly and exactly like the GSX 1000, but there are so many more HRIR's to choose from. Waves NX without reverb is also really, really good for directional audio in games. I can actually use my A90 and Bifrost 2 for even better audio...
  4. J

I already did. It's the same because it's actually a single ended amp internally. The XLR's are there for convenience. The 1 Vrms from the DAC is the issue and the amp doesn't like it very much.
  5. J

Yes, the GSX 1000 is the weakest link here and you may have just opened my mind to a new route. HeSuVi sounds very interesting indeed! All I am looking for here is the 7.1 virtualization for gaming on headphones. If HeSuVi can do it, I'll check it out. I use an AVR to power a home theater setup...
  6. J

Definitely not looking for OTL. The Magni Heresy offers good performance as does the SMSL SP200. I would consider either or even the Asgard 3. The Lyr 3 is right up there in terms of power but much higher noise so it still only a consideration. I did enjoy my Xduoo MT-602 before I upgraded so...
  7. J

Thanks for your recommendation. I think I will just stick to what I have for now as it serves me adequately and wait for amplifier tech to progress a little further for what I need, although the Magni Heresy seems to make more sense right now. Maybe even soon there will be a 2V+ gaming DAC as...
  8. J

Yes, I ordered from Hifigo like I usually do. So then its to do with the way the A30 Pro handles RCA inputs. As long as I understand the issue and its not broken I somewhat feel better. I guess the A30 Pro just doesnt fit my needs. Do you know of any other amps that have high power single ended...
  9. J

It may also be the way Topping's NFCA tech handles the 1 Vrms compared to the SMSL PLFA tech. I don't know. But I am disappointed. I may just sell it here in the UK if anybody wants to buy it. £280 including postage. Can't say fairer than that. I have had it less than 24hrs.
  10. J

My topping A90 is connected to the Bifrost, balanced. Bifrost has absolutely no volume control, even on the remote. Remember, the 1 Vrms dac is louder on my SMSL SH-8s, which is rated at 3w into 32 ohms whereas the A30 Pro is rated at 5.5w into 32ohms. It could just be the simple fact that...
  11. J

Single ended only on the GSX 1000 but balanced on the Bifrost.
  12. J

I connected it to my Bifrost 2 and no problems there. I don't believe it's faulty at all. I'm guessing it's just the way the A30 Pro handles certain DAC's. I'm hoping someone can explain the technicalities of what might be going on better than what I think is going on. Might take a while but I...
  13. J

I just bought a Topping A30 Pro to replace a very reliable SMSL SH-8s connected to a Sennheiser GSX 1000 for gaming - not because the SMSL didn't have enough power or wasn't good enough but just so I could have a 'little' more headroom on the single ended side of things for planar headphones...
Top Bottom