Search results

1. K

Which upgrade path to take?

I had some ground loops issues with the current placement but completely sorted it out by splitting the gear in two different wall plugs. The issue is completely eliminated. Is it risky to go with the unbalanced Flex? Or I am safe to go as long as I will use the same plugs? Asking cause I...
  2. K

Most probably I will have to think of giving Flex a second try when I have some time. In the meantime I can make mind on how to insert it in the chain. The plan could be as I was advised on the other thread: PC->Flex Digital->DAC->Preamp->Power Amp or PC->Flex Digital->Power Amp The second one...
  3. K

sorry for that check this one
  4. K

@DWPress (or who wants to give a look) I finally found the measurements I was sharing on the other post. The mdat file is here I tried the attached filter and I need to say it does a distinguishably positive difference. At least my first impression is that. Bass is more defined and I would say...
  5. K

It was one of the first things I tried and if I can recall correctly it made 0 difference. I also tried to tame that peak via EQ Apo, but again I remember I couldn't hear any difference with only that filter applied. There was some difference when combined with other filters in the low...
  6. K

@DWPress Most items in the room have been chosen with sound in my mind. Double curtains with one being a thick thermal one, thick carpets, wooden furniture, a lot of paintings in the walls. As for measurements you can see from here and below.
  7. K

Thank you all. A hobby is more a special interest than needs covering for me. I knew my need for good music is fully covered, and I was suspecting the time to move on a new special interest(while enjoying my music) or try again(as you confirmed) my DSP chances has come. The special interest...
  8. K

So let's make an hypothesis based on your fully understandable statement. I buy a full dirac(+bass control) license and I hire a professional to set up everything up for me. Then I will have an end game system? With two entry level subs and two bookshelf speakers? Forgive my ignorance, but a...
  9. K

Hello, I have the following system: Windows 10 pc>Topping E30 DAC>Topping Pre90 Preamp>boXem Arthur 3409/N2(nc252mp) Poweramp 2XKEF R3 Meta 2XSVS SB-1000pro Usage scenario: 80% qobuz app in wasabi exclusive mode+20% web radio, usually around 65-70db at a 3m listening position. I also pass a...
  10. K

My first REW measurements(KEF R3 META)

I think it's my (difficult)room to blame and not the speakers. But your clearly negative comment on my curves is very interesting to me. As I understand you see something that is undoubtedly bad and I would be interested to know what is this and where I should focus my efforts to improve it...
  11. K

I gave a look and I would say that DDRC24 and Flex are my best options given they come with a Dirac module. And let's suppose that Flex would be my choice. My current chain is pc—> DAC —> preamp —>power amp Do I have the options to? a) keep all my current gear and insert the Flex in the...
  12. K

My enthusiasm of having discovered what eq can do backtracked a bit if not disappeared completely. This happened cause I did some A/B comparisons of Qobuz web player with Qobuz desktop application. And even with my best eq filters the difference in favor of the app is very big. So big, that it...
  13. K

I need to say I am a bit excited as I managed to create filters with rew, import and apply them to eq apo. So now I know every step of the process and I just need to become confident with it. And of course continue reading and watching videos so to overcome the struggling with the unlimited...
  14. K

I am giving it another try. 50-10db scale+var smoothing(it does not seem to be applied on average curve but it does not change no matter what I try)
  15. K

I got your logic since your previous posts:) And took the measurements with that in mind. I took measurements with curtains pulled and in place, doors open, doors closed, doors covered with blankets. Carefully labeled and saved in different labeled folders. I am in the process of analyzing this...
  16. K

Yes, measurements have been taken with Acoustic Timing Reference. I am reposting the graphs with correct(I hope) db scale. If still not readable, please guide me on how to apply the 50-100db spl cale.
  17. K

I had the time to make some thorough measurements. 1 at the main listening + 16 more around the main listening position. A total of 17 pair(L+R) measurements which I averaged. I hope one day I will be in grade to create some filters based on this average and import them to EQ Apo. The result...
  18. K

That was very informative and I will investigate all mentioned options. For the moment I would need some more basic advice as during the weekend I will have the time to make some more measurements. Take a nice bunch of measurements around the listening position and check the average, or...
  19. K

This is indeed what I did. I applied these PEQ settings on both of my subs via the SVS app and repeated the same exact measurements so to find out if they make any difference. But as you say there is no difference with my previous measurements. So this leads me to think that or I am doing...
  20. K

I am doing some experimentation while familiarizing my self with REW. I made again 3 measurements with attached parametric EQ settings. I don't see much of a difference. Not sure if I am doing it all wrong or if it is simply not efficient in my room. I want to try the auto eq rew feature as...
Top Bottom