Search results

1. M

Bluetooth adapteur for Zeppelin

hello experts I have 2 b&o zeppelins, each with a 30 pin apple dock. I’d like to use them with Bluetooth. I’d there a quality adaptor I can buy that will plug CV into the aux Jack socket? Thanks in advance James
  2. M

Tannoy Westminster Royal

What did it sound like?
  3. M

Tannoy Westminster Royal

in a couple of years ago I was lucky enough to find a pair of new old stock 12 inch monitor gold units. Then said about thinking what kind of a cabinet should I put these in. Consulting a lot of tannoy websites with some very knowledgeable people threw up all kinds of interesting thoughts. Most...
  4. M

Tape head pre-amp

That’s exactly the sort of brilliance I had in mind to tap into, even though I don’t understand what you’re saying thanks for your reply.
  5. M

Tape head pre-amp

I’m just thinking for playback. And how difficult would it be to mod an RIAA circuit to IEC and voila..?
  6. M

Tape head pre-amp

I’m wondering why there is a dearth of tape-head pre-amps. Bottlehead make a very expensive one but have retired their cheaper design. Surely a TH can’t be much different from a pick-up preamp? Ok one is RIAA and the other is IEC, but surely this is not rocket science? Or is it? Would any of...
  7. M

Otari MX-5050 Review (Reel to Reel Tape Deck)

Thanks very much for this. It was a little bit obscure for me before. I ended up buying both the ones he had, one has some kind of echo and it was very cheap. Spares or repairs :)
  8. M

Otari MX-5050 Review (Reel to Reel Tape Deck)

I have the opportunity to buy an Otari 5050. I’ve noticed that it only has Ballanced o/p’s. Of course my stereo is all phono i/p’s. What’s the scoop, do I just solder up a cable using one of the hot pins on the XLR’s or do I need balancing transformers etc etc. (Hope not! It would get too...
  9. M

Douk VU3 Review (VU Meters)

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.
  10. M

Hi Tom, if you mean bar meters I would decline, I’m a fan of old school needle meters and am v interested in adding a pair to my setup
  11. M

Me too. As a side note: can’t this thing just be plugged into tape out without ruining the SQ of the system?
Top Bottom