Search results

1. A

Starke Sound AD4.320 Review (Multichannel Amplifier)

They did exactly that when I contacted them, no issues whatsoever in dealing with them.
  2. A

Just got their newsletter in my inbox that links to some measurements as well: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2789:starke-sound-fiera4-amplifier-measurements&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154...
  3. A

Starke Sound AD4.320 Amp Review (Sample 2)

No the D7 is a Icepower based amp from a few years ago
  4. A

Who says they are building anything? Looks like a dealer's website to me, they also advertise StormAudio, Rythmik, Sommer Cable and some other brands. + it is no secret the AD4 is built in China, as are the Kreisel Sound products, which are sold in some countries in Asia only for now, not just...
  5. A

I the meantime I have also been in touch regarding a refund for my AD4, as stated before, and I will state it again; soundwise I still really like it and it plays extremely well in my home theater currently driving the side and rear surrounds (MK Sound S150). As I'm in 230V territory I have been...
  6. A

I the meantime I have also been in touch regarding a refund for my AD4, as stated before, and I will state it again; soundwise I still really like it and it plays extremely well in my home theater currently driving the side and rear surrounds (MK Sound S150). As I'm in 230V territory I have been...
  7. A

They had another class D amp with Icepower modules before the AD4, the D7, perhaps that is what they refer to as the Gen1?
  8. A

In comparison, my Parasound JC1’s consume 250W in idle with ‘only’ 25W in class A, each, as these are mono amps.
  9. A

Sent them an email this morning asking for it, let's see how they reply to it. Pretty sure they won't reimburse the import taxes I had to pay in my country, but asked it anyway but willing to take a loss on it :)
  10. A

As much as I like my AD4 (I really do!) I think I'll return it anyway, can no longer justify this :P Seems like they have also release an AD8 in the mean time: https://www.starkesound.com/detail.html?id=67&name=AD8.300
  11. A

It has a 23dB gain, so yes, it is completely normal to turn up the volume higher when you come from a 26/29dB amp.
  12. A

I can't answer any of those questions, all I can say is I think my unit (running on 230V) is flawless and give me 90-95% of the performance when compared to my Nord NC500 triple mono on my LCR speakers (MK Sound S300) No I have only used it setup correctly as 230V in my country. What I can...
  13. A

I also posted internals of mine which was set to 110 and I flipped it to 230 myself upon receiving the unit: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/starke-sound-ad4-320-review-multichannel-amplifier.26939/page-2#post-924735
  14. A

As I mentioned a few times in this thread already I have it as well and compared it to some Hypex gear (NC252MP and NC500 mono's) and it is really close in performance and SQ according to my ears! But I also stated I'm in 230V territory and had to open my unit and flip the switches of both...
  15. A

So how did you like the amp BEFORE you read this review from Amir? I have it as well, still like it despite these measurements and still use the amp actively in my system paired with some other gear from Hypex and it really is a close call between this one and the nCore's if you ask me. BUT I'm...
  16. A

yeah it is a pretty good amp once you actually listen to it despites these measurements ;) Keeping mine as well as I quite like it, little bit smoother and more laid back sound when I compare them to my other amps with Hypex NC500 modules, but pretty close in performance if you ask me.
  17. A

Not surprising as the spec says 23dB gain, which is also confirmed in Amir's test. Bet most other amps you have compared is against have 26-29dB gain... But once level matched, how did it sound?
  18. A

This 100%, I do have the amp and it just sounds wonderful and rivals my Nord NC500's. One thing that Amir is correct about is the low gain, have to crank up the level in my pre-amp quite a bit with the Starke compared to the Hypex
  19. A

Here is a pic of mine when I opened it to switch to 230V
Top Bottom