Search results

1. S

Harrison Labs In-line Crossover Review (RCA)

I've used them for that purpose, and later moved to the version with configurable high-pass and low-pass to feed my subs and high-pass my towers simultaneously. Both worked to my satisfaction. I used these passives up until I recently got the Mini-DSP flex. Listening to music, the digital...
  2. S

A Call For Humor!

My first meme.
  3. S

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Klipsch R-112SW 12" 600W Reference Series Powered Subwoofer (Black) $319 at Adorama through slickdeals.net An excellent value in my opinion for a 300W RMS sub with a slot front port.
  4. S

miniDSP Flex

I didn't want to give DHL my social because I was told they would store it permanently in their computers. Then, when DHL has a "data breach", my social would be compromised. As far as the "vat number" field in the checkout form, I suspect that is for countries that have VAT, but I don't...
  5. S

Help me choose a car

You can still buy a Fiat here. It's just spelled "Jeep".
  6. S

miniDSP Flex

You would be shorting an output to the shield (ground). I learned with some output topologies, this is harmless. With others, not so harmless. I used one of these for each sub. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7193 It means one output is floating. I'm getting good results.
  7. S

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

My thoughts on this are similar to the response you got from Feynman. Full scale input and output on the RCA version is 2.0 Vrms Full scale input and output on the Balanced version is 4.0 Vrms. Consider the output levels of your legacy RCA equipment and to what extent of full scale they are...
  8. S

miniDSP Flex

Thanks. Maybe that's it. A tiny rack.
  9. S

miniDSP Flex

My MiniDSP Flex balanced with Dirac finally arrived yesterday (Feb 4), after being in the DHL system since Jan 21. Duty on the $828 order (Umik, Flex balanced, and Dirac) was $50.68. The long delay seems to have been glitches on DHL's part. The shipment consisted of two items: the Umik, and...
  10. S

What are we listening to right now..

What a coincidence! Barbecued iguana is what's for dinner!
  11. S

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

Famously anti-cd Neil Young, 76 years old, and having done concerts most of his life, still with those golden ears! (Insert multiple laughing emojis)
  12. S

miniDSP Flex

I don't want to take this thread off topic, but my experience may be of interest to other people who want to order a Flex directly from MiniDSP. This morning, I got a phone call from DHL following up from the electronic message I sent them. The patient woman explained to me that they need to...
  13. S

miniDSP Flex

Thanks. Yeah, I actually forwarded them a link to this along with telling them that the item is less than $2500 so they shouldn't need my SSN. I haven't heard back from them since, and the item status is still being held in HK. This is the first time I've ever run into this situation.
  14. S

miniDSP Flex

Thanks for reporting on this! I am really looking forward to getting mine... but... DHL is asking for my social security number for customs work. Did they ask for yours?
  15. S

Please share your center channel experiences

Have you tried tilting your center speaker to aim it above your listening position? Also put a rug on the floor in front of it? This has worked for me to raise where the sound seems to come from. Nothing special about either center speaker I have done it with.
  16. S

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Bless you for doing this! I've gone the Moode route for my renderer, and have been trying to figure out how to extract the filters ARC Genesis applies in my Martin Logan Unison, so that I can rebuild them in Camilla, eliminate the Unison from my pipeline, and use a better DAC. I'm pretty sure...
  17. S

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Did you ever hear back from them on this? Mine cracks between tracks when the sample rate changes. It also cracks when paused. The crack seems to hit my tweeters at max volume.
  18. S

Subwoofer upgrade.....Decisions, Decisions....Please Help!

I have been looking into upgrading for almost a year myself. If money were no object, I would get the HSU ULS-15 MK2. I like these because of their flat frequency response from 20Hz to 200Hz. Unfortunately, that is not my financial situation and those are over $1000 a piece with shipping and...
  19. S

Dayton Audio APA1200DSP Teardown (DSP Amplifier)

I suspect they are RF chokes to keep high frequency noise from radiating off the speaker wires.
Top Bottom