Search results

1. boxerfan88

Purifi SoundPrism-Cumulus-F1 - new $15000 experimental weird-looking speakers?

They hang the tweeter outside in a similar fashion to Geithain speakers...
  2. boxerfan88

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Squarish version of R2D2 :)
  3. boxerfan88

Is it safe to download attachments from ASR?

Send it to virustotal to scan…
  4. boxerfan88

Can a speaker/system make a song sound like 1080p instead of 4K?

Wah ha ha ha ha … that’s a really good one :)
  5. boxerfan88

What are those 4 plastic transparent "things" ? Some sort of diffuser?
  6. boxerfan88

He said he found one… :)
  7. boxerfan88

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

Weighted toward tuned/voiced by ear vs. Weighted toward tuned/voiced by measurements ? ( I believe both use measurement & listening during the design. )
  8. boxerfan88

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Maybe try foo_abx between the two tracks and share results. The results should be meaningful.
  9. boxerfan88

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

How about consider producing a high quality CDP+Streamer combo product? For example, DMP-A8 quality streamer plus a high quality CDP mechanism built in.
  10. boxerfan88

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

I’d recommend to move up to at least a KH150. 3m is considered mid-field distance already. For reference, I use the KH310 in a 4m x 4m room. Listening distance ~2.6m. The KH310 is just nice.
  11. boxerfan88

Extreme Snake Oil

$100k giant passive EQ network :)
  12. boxerfan88

Magico new S5

Measurements look really good.
  13. boxerfan88

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Nope. My DM7 remembers the set volume across mains OFF-ON cycles (both scenarios: power switch behind the unit & unplugging AC cable). My DM7 volume is set to -3dB. I suspect the volume & other configuration settings are stored in some sort of NVRAM. No pop/clicks during playback. My DM7 is...
  14. boxerfan88

Topping DM7 availability

I think the demand is too low to sustain the product life. I also wanted black to match my other gears, but the blacks were already OOS end of last year. I pulled the trigger on a silver unit during the 12.12 sale. The silver looks quite okay. The DM7 is pretty well made. If you need it...
  15. boxerfan88

ATC speakers / Monitors

It's also naive to think that there aren’t other manufacturers who can produce products with even better real-world results. :)
  16. boxerfan88

Help me choose a DAC

If you need NOS functionality, then scrap my recommendation.
  17. boxerfan88

managing subwoofer and main speaker cut-off? how you would like it done???

Variable crossover frequency selection is an important feature, the filter slope is even more important (>24dB/oct is good), make the slope selectable is even better.
Top Bottom