Search results

1. R

Using OrangePi Zero2 as an equalizer between USB source and USB DAC

Bummer! Zero 2 it is then.
  2. R

Using OrangePi Zero2 as an equalizer between USB source and USB DAC

Thanks very much @IAtaman for the guide and for your work on the development of CamillaNode. Have you (or anyone else) tried this on an OrangePi Zero 3? It currently sells cheaper than the version 2 on Ali but I am wondering about usb otg support in particular since version 2w does not sport it...
  3. R

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I get your point but I have had a 5.1 system in the past and although speakers were cheap I still miss the center speaker for dialogues on my current 2.1 setup. It just gives much more clarity to dialogues. On top of that, although most of what I watch is in English, I am not a native speaker...
  4. R

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

And Raspberry Pi OS is based on Debian so if you are familiar with Ubuntu you should not be too lost.
  5. R

I would still prefer to have a dedicated speaker for - as you pointed out - dialogues mostly. That way, with the dsp in the chain, it is easy to boost the center channel a bit for quiet movie sessions when the kids are asleep. Edit: granted, this is also possible in Kodi by boosting center...
  6. R

I am planning to go 3.1 as well. I cannot be bothered with surround speakers and they are not very WAF. Best option seems to downmix from 5.1 or else directly at the source, which for me is Kodi running on a Nvidia shield. Then, 'demultiplexing' on a USB receiver (Raspberry Pi running...
  7. R

What would be the point of the center channel? With a 5.1 (or more) receiver you would get most dialogues on the center speaker in movies, which makes sense. However, if you just merge left and right channels into the center speaker you would just get, well, a mix of both. Applied to music...
  8. R

According to @amirm measurements, there may be some pop when turning them on. Look at page 1.
  9. R

True, fair enough I got confused re bi-amping (past midnight in the UK). Anyway let him have his quest, I am going the DSP and separate amps way for my part anyway. Let us call it a day and get back to Fosi V3 mono.
  10. R

Or you go with a proper analog cross over in the speaker and feed channels with separate amps, hence my question about amount of existing crosstalk when only using one amp. I actually read too fast I thought that is what @quocheiser had in mind. Although I agree doing this upstream and in the...
  11. R

Maybe not about power but is there not always a (tiny) bit of crosstalk between channels when powering up both tweeters and woofers off a single amp? (genuine open question)
  12. R

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Does it have to be Ubuntu? @silverD in a post above mentioned he had to switch to Raspberry Pi OS for this DAC to work with CDSP.
  13. R

I would happily have a look at these measurements, good luck on your quest :)
  14. R

Paying extra I am afraid is your sole option
  15. R

Same here, for the same reasons
  16. R

Again I agree totally. 5A for each amp or 10A for two could be limiting but that would be for edge cases. However, 6.2A to share between two amps could be a real limitation, and since what we really like about these monoblocks is the power they can deliver (for the price) then the value...
  17. R

Agree, but to run two amps with one 10A, it would be nice if we had 5A for each and not 6.2A to share. I am thinking about changing my pledge from 1x10A to 2x5A (for a pair of amps), I was initially happy to limit clutter with a single psu but now it feels like I am losing peace of mind instead...
  18. R

The answer is there: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/revel-m106-bookshelf-speaker-review.14363/ To my limited understanding they do not seem particularly difficult to drive. Apart maybe from the dip around 50Hz, assuming you expect them to reproduce that sort of bass...
  19. R

Most likely no. Unless your listening room is big and you are already a bit deaf and then need some extra watts :) But then again if you are deaf you would not notice the extra distortion if you pushed the topping beyond its limits...
  20. R

According to the manual you can activate Zone 2 with a button. I would be surprised if it deactivated the main zone, only one way to find out though.... If it works, you will probably have to consider the delay between the different channels, that could be trickier.
Top Bottom