Search results

1. zuker81

WiSa technology and its future developments.

That's an interesting find! I guess we'd need to work on getting one measured, although if it's primarily used for surrounds it may not matter that much. And yeah, $250USD to eliminate a single wire is a little insane.
  2. zuker81

Any HDMI Preamp with Coaxial output for less than 1500$?

Sounds like it’s time for the Flex HT no? I can’t imagine the DAC has any truly audible differences from your amp. Has trigger out
  3. zuker81

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

On top of being the obvious combo for the HT, ATV is excellent as a 2ch listening platform IMO. The UI (at least with the Apple Music app - haven’t tried the other streaming apps) is smooth, visually pleasing and easily facilitates open ended exploration.
  4. zuker81

Parks Audio Puffin Review (Phono Stage)

I just received my Waxwing, really lovely product. The iOS app at least is perfectly serviceable, albeit function over form, which is my preference any day. Definitely far beyond an "MVP" level release. We have to remember this is not a large corporation with dozens of product managers and UI/UX...
  5. zuker81

miniDSP Flex HT - Review and Measurements

@Philipp Paul Klose do you find that the unit will boot from standby when the TV turns on? Initially MiniDSP said no CEC standby support, but when i read the manual it seemed like CEC was supported (although compatibility between devices is still not guaranteed).
  6. zuker81

WiSa technology and its future developments.

The upcoming MiniDSP Flex HT looks like it is the device this thread has been waiting for... the problem now is what's a reasonably priced, but decently performing speaker set to pair with it when it releases. If there were a reasonable pair, I could see this being a really great entry point to...
  7. zuker81

I've definitely seen these, but I'd really like to avoid forcibly cutting power to the unit on a daily basis, that seems like a recipe for problems... are you currently doing this for your Flex?
  8. zuker81

I just received a response from MiniDSP that despite having the HDMI eARC input "Flex HT supports eARC but no auto ON/OFF feature." I was under the impression that eARC functionality would imply basic CEC support for putting the device in and out of standby. So i'm confused on how the Flex HT is...
  9. zuker81

Bluesound Node slow / inacurate HDMI ARC + trigger out function on AppleTV

Interesting, does audio include the noises that are generated when navigating through the Apple TV UI? Those can be toggled off but if left on I wonder if it counts as a trigger
  10. zuker81

Bluesound Node slow / inacurate HDMI ARC + trigger out function on AppleTV

I'm planning on a similar set up @Miniyouuuu - did you ever come across a solution to the delays and overall unreliability?
  11. zuker81

Peachtree Carina is Introduced

How is the volume control? Still "parabolic" and strange like the Nova series?
  12. zuker81

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

Also really appreciate the direction of this thread. Someone noted the HDMI multichannel DAC from Essence ("Evolve II-4K") which I've been eyeing, but from what I can tell, Amir has only measured the "HDACC II-4K" model which is 2-channel only (and it reviewed quite well for what it is). Unless...
  13. zuker81

Review and Measurements of Essence HDACC II-4K HDMI DAC

I can’t seem to find any measurements ever being posted of the Evolve 7.1 version of this. Does anyone know what happened?
  14. zuker81

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Have tested a CXA61, NAD C368 and Peachtree Nova 150 driving my DFR52 (tower version) in a 375 ft^2 room with high ceilings. For those wondering about wattage, I’ve found little distinction between 60W, 80Wand 150W of available power at normal listening levels (~85db or below) using a dedicated...
Top Bottom