Search results

1. M

What's Cooking? Show us Your Plated Food Photos!

I forgot the plated photo, but here is a routine favorite that I make for me and my son. A frutti di mare evolution of my own. This time with cod, clams, and fresh basil, oregano, and bell peppers from the yard garden. Farfalle pasta. Delicious every time, regardless! Cheers!
  2. M

Class AB Power Amplifier Recommendations

To be the budget king you could play with some second hand Crestron 16x60 monsters. They are ATI built. With some DIYing you may get what you want for a fraction of your budget. https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/modifing-a-crestron-16x60-amp-to-make-it-bridgeable.305988/
  3. M

Class AB Power Amplifier Recommendations

Have you looked at the AB options on audiophonics? Seems like a lot of amplification (esp. Soncoz and Tonewinner) for copmetitive pricing, but those brands are unknown to me. https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-amplifier-c-6306.html/s-44/class-class_a_ab
  4. M

Speaker Stand Costs, Safety, Features

These work well, even on the floor. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078YN86Q5/
  5. M

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Thanks for this! Just got mine delivered today as a new option for work calls and travel. Sound great for $59! Bluetooth cable option and lots of foam and silicone tips included. Good deal.
  6. M

How to integrate your turntable/analog source in your streaming system - Step by step instructions for dummies

Great thread! I used a similar setup a few years ago when my turntable couldn’t be colocated with the main system. I’ve been a dedicated LMS user for 20 years (o_O). Streaming record playback throughout the house was very cool. I’ve been thinking of setting it up again recently, so thanks for...
  7. M

VU Meters: Let's See 'Em!!

The 300A2 Vmon outs weren’t strong enough to move these meters directly, so I tapped the audio input for a cheap Vu driver board form Amazon, with 12VDC from my MicroAudio SMPS for the driver and lamps.
  8. M

VU Meters: Let's See 'Em!!

Happily dancing meters in my retro-fit IcePower 300A2 and TPA3255 amps.
  9. M

Sonos Play 5 vs Genelec 8361A

@G|force, you also have that big Class A amp in the background…
  10. M

EQ in LMS/pCP?

Is the SOX EQ described here implemented at the LMS-level, or at the squeezelite-level? I’ve been using the ALSA EQ in the Tweaks section of piCorePlayer successfully for a while in separate pi players, but its values are not intuitive (0 dB EQ per band is at “66”), so the SOX EQ seems more direct.
  11. M

How do you find new music? - asking for a dinosaur friend...

Go through the set list of any major music festival. Make a spreadsheet. Give every act a chance. Listen to one or two of their songs from Spotify. Take notes. Go back to ones you like. Make a playlist. This is how I’ve discovered new music over the past several years. The kids are always coming...
  12. M

Swapping class AB amp linear supply with a SMPS - incl measurements

Nice work, McFly! I wholeheartedly agree that a high-quality SMPS can be an upgrade to some Class AB amps with linear supplies, especially older ones. I did something very similar to one of my amps, which started out life long ago as a Hafler DH-220. I built and installed new front end and...
  13. M

Show us your Raspberry PIs, Intel NUCs and other mini PCs!

@roog , Yes, the Purifi modules are quite expensive. Unless you need all that power, you could save some money by going with a lower-powered Hypex nCore model. The mid-tier IcePower modules may suffice at a competitive price point and some I think were favorably reviewed here. I was lucky to...
  14. M

Holy schnikes, that is AWESOME! Well done. Beautiful work.
  15. M

Great thread! Here's my little army of piCorePlayer RPi's: LMS server Pi 4B next to the current main system Pi 2B in my kitchen system Pi 3B in my bedroom system on top of tall furniture with hanging open baffle speakers Latest toy: Merus HAT amp with Pi 4B DIY audio with Raspberry Pis is a...
  16. M

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

Wirunna, can you describe a little more about your audio chain with two minidsp 2x4HD and stereo 3-way crossovers? Do I have this correct? You use two of the Hypex amps? Allo streamer analog out --> NAD pre NAD pre out (RCA splitter?) MiniDSP 2x4HD #1 analog in --> Analog out Hypex NC...
  17. M

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Thank you so very much for this fantastic thread! Exceptional guidance on getting started with CamillaDSP. The HDMI 8channel DAC is a new discovery. It could be the budget king if it works out… I’ll be keeping an eye out for any measurements/reviews there. I have been debating getting the...
Top Bottom