Search results

1. O

Wiim Pro distortion on spdif input

Agree, not correct for the problem of this topic - continuous spdif stream from TV. But to recover as perfect as possible jitter free i2s, I can't image a better solution ;) Its not just OK, its the best one can get IMHO.
  2. O

Wiim Pro distortion on spdif input

I don't really get you here... From my point, FIFO recloker is more logical then anything. It completely ignoring timing problem at input, building from a scratch perfect I2S with his own clocks. This approach may have buffer overflow at some point. Like once in 3-4 hours with 0.7s buffer. But...
  3. O

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Thank you for this test! How the local files was played? From NAS .. DLNA? Its intresting, I am not happy with the sound from youtube music streamed trough chromcast to wiim pro. If I stream it with audio cast (dlna) with bubble upnp, sound much better in compare to chromcast. Could it be that...
  4. O

WiiM Pro Streamer

Just tryed Wiim pro im my setup. Coax output not bad at all... just have problem to login in Tidal and Qobuz Services from wiim app. After inesrting correct login and password, both services give me login failed errore. While native apps (both tidal and qobiz) works without problems fro the same...
  5. O

PI2AES Digital Audio Shield for the Raspberry PI

I am sure you will have many different opinions here. Time ago I moved from USB to AES/SPDIF inteface and not looking back.
  6. O

Yes I did. From PI2AES I prefer sound from AES and SPDIF over TOSlink. (subjective opinion of course)
  7. O

No, this explanation did not work. I measured output levels.. both boards demonstrate identical levels. Here is the results. I played this file Audio test - 99 - Max Level Tone _ 1kHz sine wave at 0dB FS.wav Measured DAC amp output levels at three different attenuation levels. - 10dB 1.27...
  8. O

Yes, this is what I plan to do.. will see.
  9. O

Yes, But in my case DAC remains always the same. Just to different digital sources connected to BNC1 nad BNC2. Same amplification stage used. I am not expect any significant volume difference. But as I say, I will check it out.
  10. O

I will measure. But I want to be sure the problem you mentioned is exist here. If there is a difference you expect is there. Where is it comes from? Dave DAC set same output level for both BNC inputs. No difference should be here. Same RPi and Volumio was used to play same files. No difference...
  11. O

@Krunok Could you confirm, I understand your point correctly. You know they are sound the same.. whatever my opinion is. Right?
  12. O

No, output voltage was not equalized this way (by measurement). I can check the difference. Subjectively the volume level was the same.
  13. O

Yes, Level was set the same for both tested boards (by DAC volume control). Within volumio player, all volume, mixer controls was desabled. Yes, same tracks was played almost simultaneously for A/B comparison. What I also did (just for curiosity). I played 3 tracks in a row on A and the same...
  14. O

More than agree, expected more practical discussions and comments though. Definitely not about soup ))) But ok..
  15. O

I have no opinion on borsh.. come on, you start it! (and I dont understand why) I have no opinion in SPIDIF. I say how i would go for measurment there. Nothing more. Really, could you stop this offtop please. .. here I agree with you. "I cannot believe we have this type of discussions on ASR. I...
  16. O

It was misstyped "you JUST DO DIT" I correcter to "you JUST DID IT". Nothing about battery chemistry. While you did not answer my quetions, where did you get this battery staff from me. I never said it. But for me it is classical example when someone don't have any practical arguments, pickups...
  17. O

ok, I see my arguments step on too many toes here. What I understend, here you would just prefer something like this? Board A B session 1 1 0 session 2 1 0 session 3 1 0 ... session n 1 0 1 - odessamarin prefer sound 0 -...
Top Bottom