Search results

1. napfkuchen

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Awesome. What kind of camera is necessary for photos like this?
  2. napfkuchen

What is your favorite house curve

The problem is that Dirac kind of "tricks you" into thinking it will magically improve the loudspeakers performance ... For my surround system the frequency-response-graph after calibration looked almost the same before and after replacing (some) speakers. The actual perceived sound quality is...
  3. napfkuchen

A Call For Humor!

4. napfkuchen

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

You can argue about taste... The manufacturer has obviously tried to visually differentiate itself from the competition. I don't like the gold accents at all. But what bothers me even more is the lack of symmetry and the use of 3 feet.
  5. napfkuchen

Faceplates for Buckeye Amps

The screws distract from the clean look in my opinion. I would use 3M double sided mounting tape (and maybe additionally hot glue but that probably won't be necessary). Works with heavier stuff for me so it shouldn't be a problem with these faceplates.
  6. napfkuchen

What are we listening to right now..

Thanks youtube-algorithm :D
  7. napfkuchen

Final REW measurements, opinions?

There is no 100% working method for the measurements. Dirac's guide on this does not help at all, in fact it is complete nonsense. Judging from other sources, about 6 measurements at a distance of about 20-30 cm seem to make sense. But ultimately, with the numerous measured values, it is your...
  8. napfkuchen

Final REW measurements, opinions?

It does not matter which imaging you choose for the Dirac algorithm. The only difference is the number of available measurement positions.
  9. napfkuchen

A Call For Humor!

Last year, directly in front of me on the autobahn, two vehicles simultaneously moved from the left and right lane to the middle lane. The rear vehicle touched the other vehicle very slightly at the level of the rear wheel (like a PIT maneuver ...). The car in front then instantly turned...
  10. napfkuchen

Mashups

Post your favourite mashups here, starting with:
  11. napfkuchen

PSB monitors?

The Lost Room was recorded in 2015-2016, so "only" 10 years. But still, his setup might have changed during that time. Has their sound changed much in the last few decades? I don't believe. This suggests that Gleadall knows his tools and can ultimately achieve the PSB sound with different speakers.
  12. napfkuchen

PSB monitors?

According to wikipedia this song was mixed by Pete Gleadall, here is a recent interview with him where you can see his studio setup. The small speakers are IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors. The medium ones seem to be Dynaudio (BM s.th.?), at least the woofer has their typical design, but no...
  13. napfkuchen

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

While most metal music is not mixed/mastered in a way that's pleasing to my audiophile/audiophool expectations, claiming that it's just noise goes to far. Metal has many subgenres that may seem like that when you first hear them, it just takes some time getting used to because they are almost...
  14. napfkuchen

HIGH END Munich 2024

Is there an audio show near Frankfurt this year? I'd like to hear what else is out there without any real interest in buying. Don't want to waste a dealer's time...
  15. napfkuchen

Where can I find list of most cost effective cars - $ per 100km

When combustion engines dominated the market, technical development was rather small in recent years. With the advent of electric cars, this has changed completely. Many electric cars from 10 years ago are now obsolete, and replacing the battery quickly becomes a total economic loss. Energy...
  16. napfkuchen

Audiophile Heaven With Only Two Components

Mocking their customers audio-foolishness with the product name right away ... One thing you have to admit to Audioquest's marketing department is that they have a sense of humor. :)
Top Bottom