Search results

1. H

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

No. The A70 has a high failure rate. Tok risky.
  2. H

Letshuoer Cadenza 4, new IEM with very promising frequency response

Mine arrived last week! It is an extremely correct, very neutral iem. And the most comfortable IEM I have ever used, just for that alone I would keep it. Soundwise it is very similar to the Softears Studio 4. With a tad little more mass and punch in the bass, maybe because it is a DD doing the...
  3. H

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

I find Harman pina gain too much for iem. I prefer a lesser, smoother pina. Guys, remember that Harman is a preference, it is not objective data, it is subjective.
  4. H

New Sennheiser HD 620S

Not really, thats the natural decay of a decent FR.
  5. H

DMS Omega seems great

Lol, the 600 is good but has some major limitations
  6. H

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

Laaaaame, but maybe...one needs to try
  7. H

When you connect the notebook to an external monitor with speakers(like a TV), it also shows the TV as an audio device even if you choose to not output the video.
  8. H

Which IEM with ~500 to 1k budget

I/O Volare is 600. It has a safe fun tuning. Mega5est is 550, plenty of extension with no major peaks. You could also wait for Dunu Davinci, seems really promising, will be released this May for 300.
  9. H

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

Im saying because it had little to no impact in the headphone world. I cant try the DCA E3, but it has been a success, considered by many the best closed planar by far. And waaay less than the Yamaha.
  10. H

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

The Yamaha flagship was mostly a flop. Too expensive in a very competitive market.
  11. H

SMSL A50 Pro 3-channel amp

I never see passive subwoofers. It would much more universal to have a coaxial sub out and deliver more power to the speakers.
  12. H

What are your top 3 IEM ?

Tri HBB Kai is my my standard. Very comfortable, zero harshness, clean warm sound. Just wish for more upper treble extension but that doesnt affect the overall experience since most of music happens below 15khz.
  13. H

The 100 uses 2 dac 9039Q2. The 6 just one chip. The 6 already achieve perfect results with one chip. Buuuut the 100 is pretty much the same price. So it is the right choice. Funny how those Chinese companies compete with themselves so hard lol
  14. H

Im skeptical that the hdmi out of a TV will have much less jitter than the optical. For now my D-6s handles the optical of my tv flawlessly even with the most senstive PLL.
  15. H

New Sony Headphones

They actually seem pretty amazing for the price. It has lossless connection with the PS5 and Ldac with other devices. So yeah, a good planar for 150 is already impressive, but wireless with ldac? Quite a steal.
  16. H

Hdmi arc seems cool but it is overkill for a stereo signal. Im more than fine with optical, handles stereo super fine and gets rid of any electrical interference. Now hdmi arc may be useful with notebook, where you can output audio while maintaning all USB inputs avaiable.
  17. H

Consoles are a bit frustating usb wise. PS5 and Switch use UAC 1 and Xbox doesnt output audio from usb at all. Why the console of the company that makes Windows with full UAC 2 support doesnt have usb audio? I dont have a clue.
  18. H

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Fiio JT1. Only 69usd and great reviews
  19. H

Nice Cure mix of "Just Like Heaven." What is the digital audio resolution on a YouTube video like this? I know it is lossy and far from Red Book?

Way more important. A badly mix/recorded song is easily perceived. Lossy compression may reduce the fine detail, but if it is well recorded, it will still sound nice. Go listen to RHCP Californication, awful production, no flac hi-res can make up for that. Now listen to those:
Top Bottom