Search results

1. CapMan

Kef r2 meta, high Sibilance?

Do you have dynamic eq turned on - this adds a high frequency lift as well as a bass lift - maybe that is pushing the treble over the edge ?
  2. CapMan

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Family day out ?
  3. CapMan

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Stay safe !
  4. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

I think you’ve paraphrased me in an entirely disingenuous way old chap. It’s getting late and this thread is generating more heat than light so I will bow out :)
  5. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

I’m not a moderator, but I’m sure one will be along shortly How about everyone takes a deep breath and we reset :)
  6. CapMan

Harbeth now with active version

There is on the mock up of the smaller model.
  7. CapMan

NAD C658 to stream + dirac or is there a better way?

Thanks for the link. I didn’t get any imprecise measurement issues and a check using MMM in REW looked ok. Didn’t check phase or GD.
  8. CapMan

Extreme Snake Oil

Surprised nobody has brought out an audiophile brain training book/dvd or offered audiophile hypnosis …
  9. CapMan

The new models do have waveguides which is a good sign - hopefully it gets incorporated into the passives
  10. CapMan

When a Neumann KH120 can be had for £700 a piece with DSP, access to their proprietary room correction system, matching subs etc it will be a tough gig I think…. Even at 1/10 the price of the bigger model . Much kudos to Harbeth for embracing active and DSP to get the very best outcome they...
  11. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

You know why …. the gear is everything, it is the end and not the means. I had two racks of Naim boxes to play CDs and would delight in answering questions from guests on what it all did. And obviously they all assumed it would sound great before the first track was even played… in hindsight...
  12. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

Perfect if you live in a ‘block’ system that can be navigated in circles :) I imagine if the suspension components were replaced with hemp and the Granada had a 5N silver wiring loom things would only get better …
  13. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

I’m kinda with @Ron Texas on this - isn’t the raison d'être of this forum to provide fact/science/engineering based information on audio products. Tuning the sound to a preference is totally cool, but tone controls and EQ re the way to do it . Imagine I design a car that pulls to the side in a...
  14. CapMan

Extreme Snake Oil

Probably being written by bots ! :D
  15. CapMan

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Sorry for confusion, I can turn on the TV and AVR when I play a Blu-Ray using CEC. When I turn on the AVR for music the TV stays off .
  16. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

It is a little too much to suggest that advocating sound equipment which is measurably neutral is dogmatic.
  17. CapMan

Celebrity RIP Thread

Sad to hear the news about Bernard Hill https://www.theguardian.com/culture/article/2024/may/05/bernard-hill-actor-who-rose-to-fame-in-boys-from-the-blackstuff-titanic-lord-of-the-rings-dies-aged-79
Top Bottom