Search results

1. gac800

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

Wow! that is quite an intensive cleaning. Your wire set up looks amazing. i just received my protection capacitors, so I am looking forward to implementing them and sending an update. I have also been evaluating amplifiers for my super-tweeters, and I am between the Topping PA-7 Discrete...
  2. gac800

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

@dualazmak do you recommend 20-22 Ohm resistors as a good option for most multi-way systems? I see that you are using the same resistors for all of your speaker drivers.
  3. gac800

@dualazmak Thanks for the information on the protection caps and the resistor. I look forward to reading it, and I will keep update the thread when I have made the suitable changes to my system.
  4. gac800

Yes, it is a priority for me. I read that you were using the Jantzen capacitors, but I could not find any information on your crossover points. How did you determine which capacitor/crossover point to use? My plan is do build a shelf for the compression drivers so that the woofer, Midrange...
  5. gac800

Thanks for the feedback @dualazmak. I recently split this system from the 3-way system in my living room. It is still a work in progress, I am going to build a more permanent support for the horns to replace the temporary setup I have now. Protection capacitors This is something that I am very...
  6. gac800

Hi @dualazmak . Thanks for your help! This is how I have set up my current system. The VU meters on the reel-to-reel are linked to the EKIO output so that they measure the L & R of the entire system. I am still looking for a suitable Subwoofer and Supertweeter and Amps to complete the system...
  7. gac800

@dualazmak and do you turn all of your amps to max volume, and do the balancing of levels in EKIO?
  8. gac800

@dualazmak why did you decide to do volume control in JRiver instead of EKIO or OKTO Dac? My Motu 828es has 32-bit processing (the same as the OKTO I believe) so I am currently doing volume control for my multi-amp setup at that point.
  9. gac800

Oh that is interesting. I was using USB do you think it would still have an effect of the number of ADAT channels?
  10. gac800

It seems the issue was the constant changing of sample rates. Depending on the file playing in Roon it could be 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz. I enabled Sample rate conversion in Roon, so everything gets upsampled to 196kHz. I set Ekio and the Motu to 196kHz and it seems to work.
  11. gac800

I can switch between 44.1 and 48 kHz without issue, but when I try and change to 88.2 or higher it crashes. Any ideas what could be the issue?
  12. gac800

I’m not using WASAPI or VB Matrix. I use the Motu ASIO from Roon. So all I need to do is change the EKIO setting? I tried it earlier today and it was crashing the Motu. Should I try “Request buffer size” And set it to 5120?
  13. gac800

Thanks! I use: Roon —> Motu 828ES —> EKIO —> Motu 828ES The Motu adjusts automatically to the bitrate of the source, so I will adjust everything else and see if that works. Do you think I need to adjust the settings in the Sound properties in windows as well? I think it is currently set to 44.1
  14. gac800

Hi @dualazmak . Do you have any experience using EKIO with a higher bitrate than 44.1kHz? I use Roon with Tidal streaming, which can output 192kHz, so I am considering adjusting my set up to account for this.
  15. gac800

5.1 to 6 channels for TV

Yes, that is very similar to what I am Currently doing except with the mot 828es, there is no need for VB Audio Cable. I will download JRiver and see how it works! thank you!
  16. gac800

5.1 to 6 channels for TV

I am also considering swapping the Roku for a streamer like Apple TV that can export PCM 5.1 and then just use a extractor card like @voodooless mentioned.
  17. gac800

5.1 to 6 channels for TV

@SDC @sarumbear let me know what you can dig up, as the would be a great option.
  18. gac800

5.1 to 6 channels for TV

@ernestcarl I have a similar set up to @dualazmak for playing 2-channel music and tv. I like the idea of using the computer as the streaming source. I have no experience with jriver though. Are you saying that I can stream Netflix and Disney in it and it can decode the dolby signal and export...
  19. gac800

5.1 to 6 channels for TV

That is a good idea to just use the PC as the streaming platform. I currently use a motu 828es as a multichannel dac to run stereo 5-way multiamped speaker for music (Roon) and streaming (Roku) I still have 4 dac channels available on the 828 so I was hoping to use them for surround L/R and...
  20. gac800

5.1 to 6 channels for TV

Unfortunately my streaming device only outputs Dolby Digital, so I think I am going to need a board that also decodes.
Top Bottom